NYCC Commences the Mobilization of 50,000 Youth into the Mushroom Value Chain to Access upto N700,000 through the NYIF and Create Jobs.
To apply, kindly go to https://nyccng.org/c/mushroom
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- Kwara State SUBEB/TESCOM Announces New Date for CBT Test for Teachers Recruitment 2021
- Jubilation as FTS Begin Payment of N30,000 to Candidates
- COVID-19: How small businesses can access CBN’s N150b loan
- Federal Poly Nasarawa Admission Letter 2021 Out – See How to Check
- Good news! 30,000 Exited Npower Volunteers Get Federal Government Job
In pursuance of President Buhari’s clarion call for Nigerians to “Eat what we produce, and produce what we eat,” the Nigerian Youth Chamber of Commerce (NYCC) has entered into a strategic partnership with the National Mushroom Growers, Processors and Marketers Association of Nigeria (NAM-GP-MAN) to mainstream 50,000 youth into the mushroom value-chain leveraging the N75 Billion National Youth Investment Fund in three years (2020-2023).
The decision to engage youth in commercial mushroom production and processing is predicated on the fact that, mushroom is a superfood with high nutritional value and medicinal properties attracting the attention of those looking for healthy nutrition. This fact is verified by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, and Nigerian Export Promotion Council’s special interest in mushroom as a great source of foreign exchange earner and job creation.
Mushroom has a global market value of $56.9 Billion. Nigeria has potential to contribute 3.5% in ten years, to this market that is growing at the rate of 7.9% per annum. It is clear that, deploying 50,000 youth into the mushroom value chain can create over 150,000 direct jobs; and another 250,000 indirect jobs. The projected production of 363,000 metric tons of mushroom will contribute over N660 billion to the economy.
Return on investment in Mushroom is 40% in a production circle of 4 months. That’s 120% ROI in the first year, and up to 180% in the subsequent years. Applicants can access up to N700,000 from the National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) to grow mushroom in a controlled environment and earn over 40% return on investment (ROI) every production circle of four months.
Applicants will also enjoy Benefits such as:
- FREE Entrepreneurship Training
- FREE Business Plan Writing Support
- Practical Mushroom Training
- Access to Quality Farm Inputs
- Farm Extension Support Services
- Guaranteed Off-taking of Produce
Note: this program is for members of the Nigerian Youth Chamber of Commerce is only. If you are not a member, the Chamber is offering you FREE membership to ensure you participate.
- How Do JAMB Rate Your Score
- How to Check 2020 National Examinations Council (NECO) GCE Result Online
- How to Purchase National Examinations Council (NECO) Tokens to Check SSCE, BECE, and NCEE Results Online
- FCT College of Education Zuba Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- How to Print JAMB 2021 mock exam slip printing
Nigeria News7 days ago
How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
Nigeria News13 hours ago
Apply for CBN Manara Loan 2021 – Application Portal (Non-Interest Loan)
Nigeria News13 hours ago
NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
Nigeria News14 hours ago
2021 Nirsal Loan Application Portal For FG N10M Grants.
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 4th May RCCG Daily Devotional (Give And It Shall Be Given To You.)
Nigeria News6 days ago
Npower Deployment Update for 2021 Batch C Applicants – Check Now
Education5 days ago
JAMB 2021 UTME/DE Registration Closing Date – Check Now.
Education4 days ago
Breaking News: NECO Releases 2020 External Results, See how to Check