Action Aid Nigeria Recruitment: Action Aid is a non-governmental organization with the sole aim to eradicate poverty among young people in the world, and also to eliminate injustice.
We partner with Action Aid International with our head quarters at Johannesburg, South Africa.
Currently we have a workforce spread across over 40 countries in the world and still strive to expand it, that is why we are currently recruiting to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Communications Officer – Women’s Voices and Leadership- Nigeria Project
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Communications Officer (Women’s Voices and Leadership), will take charge of all communication involvements in the project. The post holder will be placed on Grade five on a long contract term, and will support communication strategic plans/development which complies with Canada’s global affairs. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting the Women’ Voices Leadership project partners while briefing them on the project’s success and impact, through our the period.
Support WVL-Nigeria project partners in understanding, documenting and communicating WVL-Nigeria project successes, results and impacts.
Academic Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Art/Mass Communication or any other related disciplines in Art & Humanities or Social Sciences.
- A Masters degree in relevant fields.
- 3 years cognate experience in communication departments of any development project or organization.
- Web developer or digital communications experience.
- Capacity building experiences with proven training.
- Media experience.
- Knowledge of any popular media sector and history of direct or indirect contact with them.
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming and women’s rights.
- Excellent demonstration of abilities to plan and set priorities.
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken language.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Practical knowledge of digital communications and website management.
- Ability to meet deadlines on deliverable.
- Practical knowledge on the use of publishing tools.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Fluency at Public Speaking.
- Personal integrity.
- Creative and innovative in decision making.
- Readiness and ability to work with diverse team members/environment.
- Willingness to work overtime whenever the need arises.
- Ability to work without under less or no supervision, with a self motivating mindset.
- Portray and express ActionAid’s core values and standards.
Method of Application
Eligible and concerned candidates click here to download and fill the application form. Upon completion, send your application as an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org, using the job title and position for this vacancy as the subject of the email. For example; Communications Officer – Abuja.