AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship for Africans 2019 (Fully-funded)
The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity-building project by the AfDB and Japan which was initiated in 2017 with the aim of providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan. The overarching goal the AfDB and the Government of Japan seek to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in under the Bank’s High 5s agenda (i.e. “Feed Africa”, “Light up Africa”, “Industrialize Africa”, “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the quality of life of the people of Africa”) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives.
The JADS Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
The JADS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
Broadly speaking, nationals of African countries must:
- Be a national of a AfDB member country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date;
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
DEADLINE: October 31 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicant are to click on the link below
- To apply and for more information visit here
- Create an account with the organisation
- Sign into the applicant Form
- fill the application form
- Summit the applicant form
Read Also: MTN mPulse Essay Competition 2019
Latest posts by Jeremiah Haruna (see all)
- Rivers State University (RSU) School Fees Schedule For 2019/2020 - Wednesday, 4 December 2019, 6:23
- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2020 News UPDATE - Friday, 29 November 2019, 7:25
- NYSC 2019 Batch ‘C’ Stream II Orientation News Update - Thursday, 28 November 2019, 5:03