Plan International is recruiting to fill the position of: Education Project Officer. The position is located in Damaturu, Yobe State. Interested candidates should possess a University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields with a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Apply For 2021 Graduate Trainee Program at Paul Esther Consulting Limited
- Apply for Customer Operations Lead at Chipper Cash 2021
- Just In; Apply for Customer Communications & Education Lead at Chipper Cash (2021)
- Apply for Customer Operations Analyst at Chipper Cash – 2021
- NYIF Website Having Issues? Here is an Update to Access your Loan
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Project Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State, Nigeria
- The purpose of this role is to support the implementation of Integrated Education for Adolescent Girls’ project in Northeast, Nigeria
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder will directly implement the project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International’s emergency response.
- He/she is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, capacity building.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator:
- Support in documenting lessons learnt and best practices of the pilot project
- Support the Project Coordinator, Project Manager and EiE Specialist in designing of the Project Implementation Plans.
- Ensure the execution of the Project Implementation Plan and work closely with the National implementing partners on the project
- Will work closely with the National partners in the execution of the Formal, non-formal (ALP & IQE) education component of the project
- With support from M&E team design a Monitoring plan and simple data collection tools to ensure monitoring and data collection of key project indicators.
- Will be responsible for the formation, strengthening and training of the Community structures (SBMCs, PMCs, CBCPCs) etc.
- Will play a key role in the mobilization and engagement of the community and stakeholders in the implementation and monitoring of the project
- Will be responsible for school supervision, and data collection
- Will support in organizing and facilitating teacher trainings and assessments
- Support assessment of Education sector in the state of implementation
- Review, assess and update the education situation in areas affected by emergency
- Highlight education issues requiring a response – both immediate (less than 2 months) and medium term and make recommendations on specific PLAN actions required. Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration.
- Ensure key data from assessments could be used as a baseline for program evaluation. If additional baseline data is required to evaluate children’s learning outcomes, then work with appropriate colleagues to collect this additional information.
- In collaboration with national and international Education actors, map current institutional response capacities – including conducting an education specific 3Ws.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
- Ensure that issues of early childhood, gender, protection, DRR, and conflict sensitivity are factored into the program design.
- Ensure Plan international guidelines, UN education cluster standards and INEE Minimum Standards, are considered and any departures documented.
- Provide regular updates to Project Coordinator and Education in Emergencies Specialist, on progress, priorities and constraints – verbally and in writing on an agreed frequency.
- Represent Plan International to clusters, governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the Team Leader.
- Support the implementation of, and represent Plan International in, emergency education coordination mechanisms including any relevant cluster.
- Brief updates and reports on sectoral activities/strategies to donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Project Coordinator
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and build capacity of local partner staff when required.
- Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Project Coordinator;
- Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilisation.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in TaRL methodology EiE programme desirable but not essential
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Ability to read and write in both English and Hausa languages appropriately
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
- Travel extensively within the LGA to lead and supervise programme activities.
Level of contact with children:
- High level: Frequent interaction with children
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- 2021/2022 NPower Registration – Check April Enrollment Update
- Are you a young Nigerian who wants to access up to 5 million Grant to finance your small business?
- Open Heaven 16th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Intervention)
- Open Heaven 15th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Favour: What It Does)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) have allegedly asked Final Year Students to go back to 200-level
Npower6 days ago
nasims.gov.ng Application Login Portal for Npower Batc C
Nigeria News6 days ago
Apply for CBN Manara Loan 2021 – Application Portal (Non-Interest Loan)
Nigeria News6 days ago
CBN Agricultural Loan 2021 Application – How to Apply
business6 days ago
CBN Nirsal Covid-19 Loan Disbursement Rolling (Have you received Alert?)
Nigeria News6 days ago
How NMRC Promotes Affordable Mortgage Loans (Updated)
Recruitment6 days ago
How to Check Your Exit Package On Nexit Portal
Npower6 days ago
NEXIT Portal Closes Soon, Check if your details are Captured
Npower4 days ago
Good News: Npower Batch A & B Get CBN Loan