STEE Cambridge College is recruiting to fill the position of: Librarian. The position is located in Isolo, Lagos State. Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 5 – 10 years work experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Isolo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Get Up to N1,000,000 – How to Apply for Business Grant From SMEDAN
- How to Apply for Survival Fund without CAC Certificate
- Maurid Polytechnic 10th Matriculation Ceremony Date, And Details for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- How to Apply for Digital Nigeria Application Portal 2021 – digital nigeria gov ng
- Access Bank Recruitment 2021 – Apply as an Account Officer
- Search standard reference materials, including on-line sources and the Internet, in order to answer school’s reference questions.
- Analyze patrons’ requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Teach library patrons to search for information using databases.
- Keep records of circulation and materials.
- Supervise sudents during reading sessions.
- Check books in and out of the library.
- Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information about library policies.
- Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs, in order to select and order print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
- Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Locate unusual or unique information in response to specific requests.
- Capability to do dutiessuch as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloging, of library books & equipment.
- Respond to students enquiries and guide them to read the necessary books expected.
- Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
- Develop library policies and procedures.
- Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
- Develop information access aids such as indexes and annotated bibliographies, web pages, electronic pathfinders, and on-line tutorials.
- Plan and deliver client-centered programs and services such as special services for corporate clients, storytelling for children, newsletters, or programs for special groups.
- Compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audiovisual materials on particular subjects.
- Arrange for interlibrary loans of materials not available in a particular library.
- Assemble and arrange display materials.
- Confer with teachers, parents, and community organizations to develop, plan, and conduct programs in reading, viewing, and communication skills.
- Compile lists of overdue materials, and notify borrowers that their materials are overdue.
- Design information storage and retrieval systems, and develop procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information.
- Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
- Negotiate contracts for library services, materials, and equipment.
- Provide input into the architectural planning of library facilities.
- Collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials in specific fields, such as rare books, genealogy, or music.
- Plan and participate in fundraising drives.
- Perform public relations work for the library, such as giving televised book reviews and community talks.
- Write proposals for research or project grants.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 5 – 10 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Application and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- How To Buy Data On 9mobile
- Apply for Female & Male House Matron / House Parent at a Reputable International School (2021)
- Apply For Senior Planning Engineer at Lateejay Nigeria Limited
- Just In- Apply for Business Development Lead at Vuzela Limited
- Must Apply – Apply for Sales Manager at Elite Corporate and Commercial Consulting Limited
Technology3 days ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business6 days ago
How to Check if your CBN Covid-19 TCF Loan is Approved
Technology3 days ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)
Grants6 days ago
Apply for CFMC COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant 2021 (Get Up to $5,000 in Cash)
Health7 days ago
2021: Importance of Folic Acid to Pregnant Women
QA6 days ago
FREE Airtime Ultimate Search (Click to find the Scratch Card PIN, MTN Users)
Business7 days ago
How To to Use Loan Apps Properly to Get a Loan In 2021
Recruitment7 days ago
Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021/2022 Check Job Application Status