Apply for CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP) 2023: The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in line with its developmental function established the Anchor Borrowers’ Programme (ABP).
To apply go to https://www.cbn.gov.ng/abp-details
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- See FG Grants given to Nigerians by the Buhari administration
- Osun State Teachers Recruitment 2022 Application Form apply at www.osun.cms.ng
- Apply for United Nations Internship – Human Rights 2022
- CBN COVID-19 Loan for Household (CBN Loan Application portal 2022)
- MARDSPACE (AFJP) 2022: Registration of Farmers Ongoing – See How to Apply
The Programme which was launched by President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) on November 17, 2015, is intended to create a linkage between anchor companies involved in the processing and Small Holder Farmers (SHFs) of the required key agricultural commodities.
Apply for CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP) 2023
The programme thrust of the ABP is the provision of farm inputs in kind and cash (for farm labour) to smallholder farmers to boost production of these commodities, stabilize inputs supply to Agro-processors and address the country’s negative balance of payments on food.
At harvest, the SHF supplies his/her produce to the Agro-processor (Anchor) who pays the cash equivalent to the farmer’s account.
The Programme evolved from consultations with stakeholders comprising the Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development, State Governors, millers of agricultural produce, and smallholder farmers to boost agricultural production and non-oil exports in the face of unpredictable crude oil prices and its resultant effect on the revenue profile of Nigeria.
The broad objective of the ABP is to create economic linkage between smallholder farmers and reputable large-scale processors with a view to increasing agricultural output and significantly improving the capacity utilization of processors. Other objectives include:
- Increase banks’ financing to the agricultural sector;
- Reduce agricultural commodity importation and conserve external reserves;
- Increase capacity utilization of agricultural firms;
- Create new generation of farmers/entrepreneurs and employment;
- Deepen the cashless policy and financial inclusion;
- Reduce the level of poverty among smallholder farmers;
- Assist rural smallholder farmers to grow from subsistence to commercial production levels.
Apply for CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP) 2023 Targeted Beneficiaries:
The loan shall be targeted at smallholder farmers engaged in the production of identified commodities across the country. The Farmers should be in groups/cooperative(s) of between 5 and 20 for ease of administration.
Identified Agricultural Commodities:
The targeted commodities of comparative advantage to the states shall include but not be limited to:
- Cereals (Rice, Maize, Wheat etc.);
- Roots and Tubers (Cassava, Potatoes, Yam, Ginger etc.);
- Tree crops (Oil palm, Cocoa, Rubber etc.);
- Legumes (Soybean, Sesame seed, Cowpea etc.);
- Livestock (Fish, Poultry, Ruminants etc.);
- And any other commodity that will be introduced by the CBN from time to time.
The tenor of loans under the ABP shall be the gestation period of the identified commodities.
Loans granted to the SHF’s shall be repaid with the harvested produce that shall be mandatorily delivered to the Anchor at the designated collection center in line with the provisions of the Agreement signed. The produce to be delivered must cover the loan principal and interest.
Kindly see the attached for further details, Download PDF File
Technology2 days ago
Make Free Call While the Receiver Pays on MTN – Dial this Code Before Calling
Technology2 days ago
Get 900MB FREE on MTN (Please Follow Instructions Carefully)
Education1 day ago
Jamb Portal 2023 – eFacility Portal Login
Entertainment1 day ago
Netnaija Movies 2023: Download Movies, Series and more
Education8 hours ago
JAMB Reprint 2023 – Check Date, Venue and Time
Technology1 day ago
Top PHP Frameworks for Agile Application Development in 2023
Technology2 days ago
Starlink Nigeria – Specs, Data Plan & How to Buy 2023
Scholarship2 days ago
Apply for Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2023 for Foreign Students