Despite the order made on Thursday, January 14, for the resumption of all private and public schools across the country on January 18, the federal government has said it was against the decision.
- FG Launch Beneficiary Management System for NSIP Beneficiaries 2021
- UNICAL Announces Resumption Date for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- AGIP Oil Recruitment 2021 Application is out – Apply for NAOC Job Recruitment Here
- If you have not Undergone Training, NYIF YouTube Training Begins Second Phase, See Channel Link
- NPower: Congratulations! See Steps to Accept NExit Loan Offer
Daily Trust reports that while speaking at the briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, on Monday, January 18, the minister of education, Adamu Adamu, said the federal government did not agree with the states on the resumption date.
The minister of education, Adamu Adamu, said the school resumption would be reviewed due to the hike in COVID-19 cases.
“We sat down, looked at the figures and we took the decision that schools should not open. Unfortunately, we have to state this because it is supposed to be a collective decision, but you must understand that the schools we’re talking about, the federal government has only about 100 out of thousands of schools.
“The schools are under the jurisdiction of states and just as the PTF was unanimous in saying that schools should not open, states were unanimous that schools should open.”
Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and PTF chairman, also said the school resumption would be reviewed due to rising daily numbers of infections and the challenges of case management, especially the shortage of oxygen.
He warned Nigerians to cooperate with the PTF to avoid the second lockdown in the country, adding that the pandemic is raging and that all tiers of government and citizens must keep their hands-on-deck
- Open Heaven 3rd March 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (God’s Partner)
- Best 5G Phones in 2021 – Specs, Price, and Best Deals
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Apply for Network Operations Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Just In – Apply for Senior Operations Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Technology17 hours ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business6 days ago
UNDP Cash Transfer, Applicants to Get Up to N200,000 Each – FG
Business4 days ago
How to Check if your CBN Covid-19 TCF Loan is Approved
Technology18 hours ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)
Nigeria News7 days ago
NYIF Website Having Issues? Here is an Update to Access your Loan
Grants3 days ago
Apply for CFMC COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant 2021 (Get Up to $5,000 in Cash)
Economy5 days ago
BOI Loan: Apply for BOI Manufacturing Loan 2021 (Get Up to 10 Million)
Health4 days ago
2021: Importance of Folic Acid to Pregnant Women