Application for Ebbe Nielsen Challenge 2021 is deliberately open-ended, so entrants have a broad remit for creating tools and techniques that advance in open science and improve the access, utility or quality of GBIF-mediated data.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- Apply for 2021 Global Mastercard Launch Development Program for Graduates
- Just IN: FRSC to introduce digital driver’s licence
- NIN Enrolment of Diplomats Commences at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Apply for International Innovation Award for Sustainable Food and Agriculture Application 2021
- How to Empower and Support Young Entrepreneurs Globally (Resources & Tips)
Challenge submissions may be new applications, visualization methods, workflows or analyses, or they build on and extend existing tools and features.
The Challenge honours the memory of Dr Ebbe Schmidt Nielsen, an inspirational leader in the fields of biosystematics and biodiversity informatics and a principal founder of GBIF, who died unexpectedly just before it came into being.
Ebbe Nielsen Challenge 2021 Prize
Winners will be rewarded with a total of up to €20,000 in prizes.
GBIF Ebbe Nielsen Challenge 2021 (up to €20,000 in prizes) Eligibility
searchngr.com gathered that the Challenge is open to individuals, teams of individuals, companies and their employees, and governmental agencies and their employees.
The Challenge is not open to:
- Current staff members at the GBIF Secretariat.
- Individuals currently contracting directly with the GBIF Secretariat.
- Members of the GBIF Science Committee.
- Heads of Delegation to GBIF.
Ebbe Nielsen Challenge 2021 Evaluation Criteria
A panel of expert judges from relevant scientific, informatics and technology domains will evaluate submissions based on the following criteria:
- Openness and repeatability: Are the constituent elements of the submission, like code and content, freely available and transparent? Are they appropriately licensed?
- Applicability: Does the submission have sufficient relevance and scope that the communities GBIF support can use or build it?
- Novelty Has a significant portion of the submission been developed specifically for the challenge? Submissions based largely or entirely on previously published work are not deemed to be eligible entries.
Ebbe Nielsen Challenge 2021 Application
Entrants must complete the entry form, which provides information about the entry, including:
- Submission name/title
- Team member(s) names and affiliations
- Abstract and rationale
- Operating instructions
- Link to visuals (prototype, demo, video, screenshots, slides, etc.)
- Link(s) to submit materials on any appropriate website or repository