One of the set mandates of NITDA is to develop IT capacity among Nigerian youths. NITDA is thereby extending the capacity development programme to Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWDs) which is in line with NITDA’s Digital Inclusion Policy.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- Apply for US Embassy Special Self Help Grants for Zambians
- Apply for 2021 J.M.K. Innovation Prize, Get Up to $25,000 Cash Grant
- ALMAJIRI Movie by AY, Watch Online (Download Trailer)
- Open Heaven 25 February 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Dangers Of Alcohol 1)
- Just In: Nigerian Customs Service Released New Screening Venue for CBT Exam Scheduled for March 2021
The vision of the Honorable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), FNCS, FBCS, FIIM ensures that the entire citizenry is empowered with Information Technologies with the development of a critical mass of IT proficient and globally competitive manpower.
Empowering persons living with disabilities is important for inclusive, equitable and sustainable skills as envisaged in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, which pledges to “leave no one behind”.
This capacity development programme is an annual program for Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWDs) with this edition scheduled for South-East, Nigeria; taking place in Enugu, Enugu State.
The objectives of the training and empowerment are:
• to facilitate and enhance Digital Inclusion among the participants;
• to enable participants become competent in innovatively employing the tools of technology to enhance living and in discharge of their job requirements;
• to provide an overview and understanding of educational policies explicitly dealing with IT integration;
• give an insight on a series of IT tools that implicitly support creative and innovative learning;
• to enhance participants’ Digital literacy, internet research skills and presentation skills.
At the end of the training, participants will be provided with working tools and should be able to:
• use IT in creating sustainable employment;
• have adequate IT knowledge to compete favorably with their counterparts in other countries.
• be employers of labour.
• be self-reliant.
Who Should Attend?
The program is open to all Nigerians that are living with any form of disability residing within the South East. It would focus on the clusters of Persons Living with Hearing and/or Speech Impairment, Persons Living with Visual Impairment, and Physically Challenged Persons.
All applications would be screened and only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Kano State Polytechnic (KANOPOLY) Announces Resumption Date Following Suspension of ASUP strike
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSPOLY) Iree School Fees Payment Deadline for ND I HND 1, HND II and NCE Students
- Open Heaven 12th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Be A Good Under-Shepherd)
- Apply for Assistant Teachers at a Top School
- Apply for Intensive Care Nurse at Kaduna State Ministry of Health
Npower4 days ago
Document For Physical Verification of Pre Selected N-power Candidate.
Nigeria News5 days ago
Apply for Bank of Agriculture loan | Application Requirements and Procedure
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 6th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Identify Your Enemies 1)
Npower5 days ago
Npower Batch C, Stream 1 Physical Verification/Deployment to Commence…
Scholarship5 days ago
Moroccan Scholarships 2021 for African Youth to Study at the EuroMed University of Fes
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 7th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Identify Your Enemies 11)
Religion3 days ago
Open Heaven 10th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessed Fruitfulness)
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 8th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Prayers For Elders)