The Federal Government has granted N6.4 billion loan to farmers in Gombe, Adamawa and Taraba states with the aim of cotton production during the rainy season.
You can also apply for Federal government agricultural loan to enhance your business capacity and output.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- NYIF begin Shortlisting Candidates for Disbursement (See message)
- Glo Customers To Get 36GB Free Data In Valentine – See How to Get yours
- How to Easily Withdraw/Transfer your Bitcoin, Crypto to your Naira Bank Account
- NAREP Oil and Gas Media Fellowship 2021 (Apply and get N100,000 monthly Stipend)
- First Bank Grants Loan Facilities to Individuals for Household… (How to Apply)
The President, National Cotton Association of Nigeria (NACOTAN), Mr. Anibe Achimugu who disclosed this on Monday in Gombe to journalists said the loan was provided through the Anchor Borrowers Programme of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Achimugu said with the loan, the cotton farmers were expected to provide 136, 000 metric tons of cotton for the 2020 wet season based on 1.5 metric tons per hectare, for onward delivery to the CBN.
He said the intervention by the apex bank was to enable the farmers to embark on massive cotton production, in an effort to boost Cotton, Textile and Garment (CTG) industries in the country.
“Already a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed with the military and para-military agencies in the country to produce their uniforms from the local textiles industries thereby boost the country’s economy,” he said.
He added that the association has already commenced a loan recovery process from the cotton farmers in the three North-East Region States.
The president said through the CBN’s anchor borrowers programme, CTG industries in the country where revived which have started generating employment for the teeming youths.
The National Vice President of NACOTAN, Alhaji Musa Yahaya, said 28, 000 farmers in the Northeast are expected to produce 1000 tons of cotton each at the end of the farming season.
“The N6.4 billion allocated to the three states in the Northeast sub-region is to strengthen 28,000 members of NACOTAN across Gombe, Adamawa and Taraba states,” Yahaya said.
- Kano State Polytechnic (KANOPOLY) Announces Resumption Date Following Suspension of ASUP strike
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSPOLY) Iree School Fees Payment Deadline for ND I HND 1, HND II and NCE Students
- Open Heaven 12th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Be A Good Under-Shepherd)
- Apply for Assistant Teachers at a Top School
- Apply for Intensive Care Nurse at Kaduna State Ministry of Health
Npower4 days ago
Document For Physical Verification of Pre Selected N-power Candidate.
Nigeria News5 days ago
Apply for Bank of Agriculture loan | Application Requirements and Procedure
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 6th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Identify Your Enemies 1)
Npower5 days ago
Npower Batch C, Stream 1 Physical Verification/Deployment to Commence…
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 7th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Identify Your Enemies 11)
Scholarship5 days ago
Moroccan Scholarships 2021 for African Youth to Study at the EuroMed University of Fes
Religion3 days ago
Open Heaven 10th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessed Fruitfulness)
Opportunities5 days ago
Apply For: Junior Achievement Nigeria Venture in Management Program (ViMP) 2021.