Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021 enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, Chevening is looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
The only official website to apply is https://chevening.smartsimpleuk.com/s_Login.jsp
Because these scholarships are fully-funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included), you are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximising the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
- #SarsAlert – FG Calls for SARS Reform, Nigerians Groans #EndSARS
- How to Withdraw Money From the ATM without Using a Card
- Top Secrets on Why Candidates Don’t Easily Gain AdmissionY GAIN ADMISSION – JAMB Reveals
- Today is National Boyfriend’s Day, Let’s Read your wishes
- BET9ja 2 Odds Code For Today Saturday, October 2020
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
- You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee (since July 2017) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time, and:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
Courses cannot be:
- Distance learning
- Less than nine months in duration
- More than 12 months in duration
- PhD or DPhil
- Taught with more than one month of study outside the UK
All Chevening applications must be submitted through the Chevening online application system (CAS). This system will be used throughout the application and selection process, and you may be asked to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
We have collated tips and advice for you when using the online application system:
1) Where possible, use the Google Chrome web browser, as this is recommended for the best experience. We recommend using a laptop or PC, rather than a mobile or tablet.
2) When completing your application form, work in a full-sized window. This will make the application form easier to read in its intended format.
3) Don’t use your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons. This will take you out of the system and you will lose all unsaved work. Navigate through the pages of the application form by using the menus on the form.
4) Remember your username and password. This saves time when you want to log back into the online application system.
5) Enter information accurately, especially your contact details. Please ensure that you enter a valid email address. If this changes after you have submitted, please ensure you update it in your application otherwise you may miss important updates about your application. If you provide a second email address, please ensure that it is valid and different from your first.
7) The application form may take some time to complete, so consider preparing your answers offline and then pasting them into the online form later – although do remember to delete the question to avoid duplication! This is particularly relevant if you’re using a public computer, in an internet café for example.
8) Application questions have word counts. In the application form, there is a set of questions you are required to answer. The minimum word count is 100 words per answer and a maximum of 500 words per answer, so please ensure you meet these requirements. Answers that are less than 100 words will not be considered.
9) Save as you go! There is no automatic save function on the system and each session will close after 60 minutes, even if you are still actively editing the form. Any unsaved entries will be lost, so you are strongly encouraged to save regularly to avoid losing your work.
10) You do not have to complete the form in one session. Use the ‘Logout’ button (top right corner of the page) and keep a note of your username and password so that you can come back and finish off your application later. You will also be able to access your application via a link you will receive in an email.
11) Do not plagiarise. If content from other sources is used to answer the application questions, it will be considered as plagiarised and your application will not be passed on to the reading committee, the independent body that undertakes the first review of all eligible applications received. You should, therefore, check your answers thoroughly, ensuring they are original and not copied from other sources.
12) Applications must be submitted in English. Any application not submitted in English is ineligible.
13) Check the size and format of the files you intend to upload and ensure they meet the requirement. The online system will only accept JPG/PNG/PDF documents of no larger than 5MB. Please ensure that the length of file names do not exceed 50 characters.
14) Only submit your application once you’re completely satisfied with it. When you are satisfied with your application, click the ‘Submit’ button. Please note that once you have done this, you cannot modify your application except for the contact details section, and to upload documentation. We do anticipate a high volume of applications, so please give yourself enough time to submit the strongest application possible.
15) Remember, you can only submit one application and we will only accept your first application. In order to withdraw from the process, you will be asked to provide a reason for doing so before the withdrawal is final. If you choose to withdraw your application you will not be able to start another application until applications open again in 2021.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award. Here is an overview of the application and selection process, so you always know what’s going on.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 12:00 GMT
The deadline for applications is 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT (midday)
How to Apply for Chevening 2020/2021
Go to the official website at https://chevening.smartsimpleuk.com/s_Login.jsp
- Apply for Junior SEO Specialist at ZEODigital.com – 2021
- Lenovo Legion Pro 2 gaming smartphone to launch this Spring
- Action Aid (AA) Nigeria Recruiting For Web Portal Information and Visual Design Consultant – 2021
- Tips to Apply for Visa Every Nigerian Should Know
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) recruitment for Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager (2021)
Business5 days ago
Apply for Support Grants Nigeria 2021 (Get N20,000 Monthly) – supportgrants.ng
Business3 days ago
How to Apply for Survival Fund without CAC Certificate
Business5 days ago
Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) 2021: How to Get your fund into your Account
Business5 days ago
CBN Covid-19 Loan: Disbursement Still Ongoing- Those yet to be credited should see this
Npower5 days ago
Breaking: Npower 2021 Begin Shortlist for Batch C, N-Creative
Business2 days ago
UNDP Cash Transfer, Applicants to Get Up to N200,000 Each – FG
Business3 days ago
Get Up to N1,000,000 – How to Apply for Business Grant From SMEDAN
Business3 days ago
Apply For Federal Government Business Grants in Nigeria 2021-2022