Barely a week to the resumption of schools across Nigeria, the Federal Government has made a U-turn on the directive and announced that the date, January 18th, 2021, would be subjected to another review considering an upsurge in the number of Coronavirus positive cases recorded recently in the country.
- CBN COVID 19 Loan: How to Apply for Arewa (Muslim faithful) 2021 Non-Interest Loan
- AFIT Post UTME Result 2020/2021 – Check on Afit Result Portal
- CBN COVID 19 Loan (If you have not Applied, Here is what you should do) – RECAP
- Updated: How to Become an Inksnation Exchanger (2021)
- NCC Mourns Loss of Staff, Family in Road Accident
The government added that from tomorrow, the Ministry of Education would commence a review of the date to determine when safe for schools to resume for the 2020/2021 second term across the country.
Announcing the new development on Monday at the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 press briefing in Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said that the rising cases have become a source of worries to the government.
“You will all agree with me that what is happening presently is not friendly. And earlier before we made the announcement on resumption, it was agreed that it was not sacrosanct.
“And today at the PTF meeting, we took another look at the number of cases recorded across the country and we decided that there was a need to review the date”, he added.
Earlier, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, who also doubles as Chairman of PTF on COVID-19, raised concerns over the increase in cases and attributed the spike currently experienced across the country to the reopening of schools, and other sectors of the economy.
Mustapha said: “It is however very instructive to stress that factors that have contributed to rise in numbers from late November 2020 included increased local and international travels, business and religious activities, reopening of schools without strict compliance with COIVID-19 safety measures.
“The full import of the fore-going is to press further on the need for us all to elevate the level of our vigilance and compliance with the recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions”.
- Kaduna State Teachers Service Board 2021 TSB Recruitment Examination Slip (tsbrecruitment)
- NALDA Recruitment 2021 Online Application Begins (How to Apply)
- FG to grant 125,000 Women N20,000 Each across the 36 States, How to Apply
- NDA Application 2021 Begins for 73RC, Go to rcapplication nda edu ng to apply
- NDA Application Form 2021/2022 – 73RC Admission (rcapplication nda edu ng)
Technology4 days ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business5 days ago
CBN COVID 19 Loan for Household (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
Technology2 days ago
Get 2GB FREE on MTN Valid for 45 Days (See more details)
Business5 days ago
How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
Nigeria News3 days ago
Apply for CBN Manara Loan 2021 – Application Portal (Non-Interest Loan)
Recruitment3 days ago
MARDSPACE (AFJP) 2021: Registration of Farmers Ongoing – See How to Apply
Latest Update 20202 days ago
New MTN Cheat – Get 4GB for N100 (Follow the Guide)
Economy3 days ago
IPPIS Verification Portal, Login (Registration, enrollment, 2021 User guide)