Kuwait Army Recruitment 2020 is currently ongoing – This position is located at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. It is a US Army installation which accommodates elements of deployed Military forces from all over the world. The Kuwait Ministry of Defense provides off base housing with a vehicle for those who qualify. The base provides permanent support facilities, base exchanges (AAFES), three gyms, a pool, three Military Dining Facilities, as well as paved roads throughout Camp Arifjan.
Responsibilities of Kuwait Army Recruitment 2020
- Assists the Industrial Hygiene Manager in managing the Industrial Hygiene (IH) program for the U.S. Army Central (USARCENT) area of responsibility.
- Assists the Industrial Hygiene Manager by developing training materials and providing instruction on IH topics.
- Personally, or as a team member, investigates reports of alleged unsafe, hazardous or unhealthy working conditions.
- Provides written and verbal advisories pointing out hazardous conditions or inadequacy of controls to be used for certain work processes.
- Consults with appropriate officials to recommend methods to correct safety and health deficiencies.
- Prepares written recommendations concerning the abatement of hazardous and unhealthy factors for review by the Industrial Hygiene Manager.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of hazard controls (e.g. ventilation systems) in work environments.
- Coordinates with other professionals (e.g., safety, logistics, and facilities managers) to implement and validate workplace hazard control measures.
- Maintains the IH equipment inventory, ensuring all equipment is calibrated and ready for use.
- Tracks workplace air samples; ships samples to analytical laboratories; receive results, and uploads test results into the DOEHRS-IH database.
- Attends conferences or workgroups concerning the development and evaluation of DA industrial hygiene programs.
- Establishes and maintains a close liaison with the Army Safety/Combat Readiness Center, Army Public Health Center (APHC), and federal and civilian agencies to ensure cooperation.
- Occasional travel – This position requires overnight travel for business and/or training approximately 25% of the time.
- Supervisory status: No
- Promotion Potential: 12
Kuwait Army Recruitment 2020 Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://(Please contact us using the “Apply for this Job Posting” box below).
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain an interim Secret clearance and obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance based on the duties and responsibilities identified.
- This position is designated as an Emergency Essential (E-E) position in support of mobilization and wartime mission requirements and requires the incumbent to remain in the overseas area and perform duties until relieved by the proper authority.
- In accordance with USCENTCOM Individual Protection and Individual-Unit Deployment Policy, MOD-15, this position requires the incumbent to pass a pre-placement medical and dental examination.
- Incumbent must complete a pre-appointment/pre-deployment physical examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure a continued level of physical.
- Incumbent must be able to lift up 30 lbs.
- This is a drug testing designated position (TDP) subject to pre-employment drug test and random drug testing in accordance with Army Regulation 600-85 and MEDCOM Policy Memo 14-027.
- Incumbent must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate vehicles.
- Work requires irregular duty hours and shift work including nights, weekends, and holidays, or being in an on-call status commensurate with mission requirements.
- The incumbent is exposed (on a regular and recurring basis) to machines and equipment in operation; hazardous materials including compressed gases and flammable liquids; and construction hazards.
- Incumbent must frequently work outdoors in extreme temperatures and be exposed to elements associated with combat and contingency operations in OCONUS locations such as dust, high noise levels, wind, sand, and environments of fumes and smoke.
- Protective chemical gear such as clothing, masks, and equipment is required.
- The incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a standard Army safety program certification and be safety and occupational health career program (CP-12) certified within six months of appointment.
- Continuous education and training in a tactical field environment are required.
Qualifications for Kuwait Army Recruitment 2020
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is .
Basic Requirement for Industrial Hygienist:
Degree: Bachelor’s or graduate (or higher level) degree in industrial hygiene, occupational health sciences, occupational and environmental health, toxicology, safety sciences, or related science. The education must be accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Related Degree: Bachelor’s degree in a branch of engineering, physical science, or life science that included 12 semester hours in chemistry, including organic chemistry, and 18 additional semester hours of courses in any combination of chemistry, physics, engineering, health physics, environmental health, biostatistics, biology, physiology, toxicology, epidemiology, or industrial hygiene. The education must be accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. For engineering degrees to be acceptable, the curriculum must be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technicology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum.
Certification from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH).
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1) investigating reports of alleged unsafe, hazardous or unhealthy working conditions; 2) recommending methods to correct safety and health deficiencies; 3) evaluating the effectiveness of hazard controls in the work environment; AND 4) providing written and verbal advisories pointing out hazardous conditions. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Occupational Health and Environment Safety Evaluation
- Safety and Health
- Teaching Others
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: .
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- Employees who require medical or dental care in the overseas location will be responsible for obtaining and paying for such care. Access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only.
- Pay retention may be offered to selected applicants for positions at overseas locations. Pay retention will not be offered as an incentive for employees moving between overseas positions.
- Selectees may receive certain foreign area benefits such as Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. Selectees will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire in accordance with the Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country’s laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee’s same-sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information and direct questions concerning a specific country (Foreign Duty Location) to the appropriate Army Human Resources point of contact prior to the acceptance of employment and your entrance on duty.
- This is a Career Program (CP) -12 position.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 12 months, unaccompanied, and can be extended up to 5 years.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit for more information.
- If you are unable or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
- Domicile to duty transportation will be provided at no cost to employees.
How You Will Be Evaluated for Kuwait Army Recruitment 2020
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance: Secret
Drug test required: No
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist (Outside the Continental United States) and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume:
• Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
• If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
• For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
• For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Other supporting documents:
• Cover Letter, optional
• Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
• Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
• Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one-year-old).
• This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for the substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
• This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- Massive Recruitment at Firstbank Nigeria 2021 – Apply Here
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 – go to www.sseb.ak.gov.ng to apply
- ICPC Recruitment 2021 Application Form -(dcslrecruits.com)
- Congratulations to Npower Creative Beneficiaries – You are expected to…
- COVID-19: FG makes U-turn, says it didn’t approve January 18 school resumption
Business7 days ago
CBN COVID 19 Loan for Household (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
Business4 days ago
Download Nirsal MFB App to Get CBN COVID 19 Loan (If you have not been credited)
Nigeria News1 day ago
If you have not Undergone Training, NYIF YouTube Training Begins Second Phase, See Channel Link
Recruitment4 days ago
Massive Recruitment at NIRSAL National Microfinance Bank (NNMFB)-Apply Here
Recruitment2 days ago
NYIF Make up Training: If you don’t participate you will not be Shortlisted – See Link to Start
Business4 days ago
CBN Covid-19 Loan: If your Loan was Approved, Follow This Instruction to accept funding
Business5 days ago
CBN COVID-19 Loan: Received Alert but not Credited? (Here is what you should do)
Technology6 days ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)