NIN Registration Procedure for Jamb Candidates 2020/2021
Going by the announcement from JAMB that candidates who wish to apply for the UTME 2020 must possess the National Identification Number (NIN), here you will get the easy guide on how to get your Identification number.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said starting from the 2020/2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), candidates will be required to present their NIN during registration. The National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of numbers assigned to an individual upon successful enrolment into the National Identity Database.
Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person – that makes it unique in nature.
How to Enrol for NIN for all Nigerians
This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident from the age of 16 years and above. You can do the Pre-Enrol process online by visiting>> https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/
- Applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
- Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be Issued to applicant within 12months after Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
- Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Supporting Documents for NIN Registratgion
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Atestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/ recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/ public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents.
NOTE: Your NIN should be closely guarded by individuals and not revealed to all and sundry except to relevant authorities when requested (for instance it shouldn’t be disclosed online over social media and should not be printed along with contact details on business cards or other office stationery).
NIN FOR MINORS: This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident who meets NIMC’s criteria from the age of 0 to 15 years. Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Mandatory requirements for minors (Enrolment of Children)
- Parent /Guardian’s National Identification Number (NIN) Slip ( father, mother or guardian’s NIN ) MUST be provided.
- Supporting documents and evidence of proof as the Guardian to the minor (if Guardian’s NIN is used).
- Registered Birth Certificate/ Statutory Age Declaration.
All minors MUST be accompanied by at least one of the parents or a Guardian.
Kaduna govt reveals when schools ‘ll resume ahead WAEC exam
Kaduna state Senior Secondary School (SSS3) students are expected to resume next Monday August 10, 2020 in preparation for their West African Examination Council (WAEC) examination scheduled to start August 17.
A statement signed by the Kaduna state Commissioner for Education, Dr Shehu Usman Mohammed, Monday said the one week interval between the date of announcement and the date of resumption was to enable all the affected public and private schools prepare their Covid-19 protocol to ensure the safety of students and staff from the pandemic.
“Kaduna state government has approved Monday, 10th August, 2020, as the resumption date for the Senior Secondary School (SSS)3 students that are expected to begin their West African Senior School Certificate Examination slated for 17th August, 2020.
“In compliance with the announcement of the Federal Ministry of Education, which advised students to resume from August 4, 2020, Kaduna state Ministry of Education is directing all principals to make arrangements to receive SS3 boarding students on 9th and day students on August 10, 2020.
“All administrators of public and private schools are to note that the one-week period starting from today, is meant to allow them to prepare adequately and to put COVID-19 guidelines in place.
“No school, whether public or private, is allowed to open before the 10th of August, 2020. Principals are to ensure compliance to agreed guidelines, which include reduced hours of work/revision to 4 hours per shift, strict social distancing both in the classes, laboratories, libraries and hostels, consistency of temperature monitoring and handling any suspected case of COVID 19 to the health authorities.
“Private secondary schools are expected to report their readiness to the Kaduna State Schools’ Quality Assurance Authority, using an appropriate checklist and obtaining a written ‘’no objection to open’’ on clean bill of health.
“On the other hand, heads of higher institutions, principals of public schools are to report to the relevant department in the Ministry of Education. Furthermore, parents are advised to ensure proper arrangements for safe transportation of their children to and from schools.”
Dr Shehu Mohammed further stated that, the state government was doing everything possible to decontaminate and disinfect public schools, including higher institutions, provide hand washing facilities, arrange for temperature monitoring of both staff and students, provide facemasks for staff and students in public institutions, as well as provide hand sanitizers.
“Parents are advised to equip their children with extra facemasks and 100ml hand sanitizers for use during their trip to and from schools. Appropriate resumption dates for other examinations and for the rest of the classes, including the SS1, SS2 and JSS 1-3, as well as primary schools will be announced in due course.
“The Ministry is encouraging schools to continue the e-learning education programme using the google classrooms, radio and television stations and other online applications until full normalcy is returned to the academic environment.
“The Ministry is using this opportunity to commend all partners in the education sector, Non-Governmental Organizations, Parents Teachers Associations, proprietors of private schools, old students associations and the press for their continued support and understanding.”
UK School Employes a 10-year-old Nigerian Girl as Coding Instructor
A 10-year-old Nigerian girl identified as Emmanuella Mayaki, has gone viral after she was recently hired by a school in the United Kingdom to be a coding instructor.
Emmanuella was selected by the school management for the job because of her extraordinary skill and knowledge for coding. She received the job at the Southfield Primary School in Coventry, England, as the after school coding club teacher and will be responsible for teaching other kids her age about the basics of coding including HTML and CSS.
According to Emmanuella, her passion for technology started at age 7 and by age 9, she had already obtained a diploma with a speciality in multiple software programs including Advanced PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing, and Advanced Excel. She also has an Academy App on Google Play store for coding and graphics.
Let give a thumbs up for her!
Jamb 2020 Change Of Course/Institution Procedures
For one or two reasons, you would want to change the institution or course of study you filled in Jamb 2020/2021 registration form.
If this is true, then you are not alone. Right now, Jamb is even telling candidates to do a change of institution. Below are other major reasons why Jamb change, of course, is necessary.
Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2020
1. Not Scoring Up To Or More Than Jamb Cut Off Mark:
Every Jamb candidate usually has the dream of scoring above 300. However, this doesn’t work for everybody in reality. If you scored less than the general cut off mark for your school of choice, you will not be admitted.
On the other hand, If you score around the Jamb cut off mark, you may also not get admitted as a result of competition. This is a good reason to change your course or school of choice.
2. Lost Of Interest In The Study Course Or Institution:
Some candidates say, “I don’t want to study in the University I chose earlier, in fact, I have lost interest in the choice, of course, I put in during Jamb registration.”
This could be that you never liked the school or your parents asked you to change the course. In addition, it could just be that you have a Jamb score that can take you to a better school.
3. You Made A Mistake When Filling Jamb Form And Subject Combinations:
So many persons reported to me that the wrong institution was chosen for them during registration.
For others, they had issues in their Jamb subject combinations and could not fix it when Jamb gave room for correction of details.
If this is the situation you may want to change to your desired institution. Change of course and institution form gives you room to do this.
How To Do Jamb Change Of Institution/Course Of Choice For Jamb 2020
- Visit Jamb portal
- Enter your username and password
- Login to your jamb profile
- After you have logged in, you will see the correction of data at the left sidebar. For phone users, you will need to click the menu to access the Correction of data. See the arrow in the image above to locate menu.
- Click on correction of data.
- Under correction of data, you will see course/institution, names, date of birth, gender and LGA. Click on the one you want to change or correct.
- You will be taken to the payment portal
- Click on pay and continue to payment.
Follow the steps to pay either online with remitta or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank.
You need ATM Card to pay online via remita
Fill the form you are given to fill, follow what you are told and JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.Also, note the following;
- You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
- Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done twice.
- There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
- The cost for the change of course and Data correction is N2,500.
- You can use the one-time payment of N2, 500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.
Corona Virus Data
- N25,000 COVID-19 test fee: PDP salutes Ogun people’s courage of standing against Abiodun
- BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo in meeting with security chiefs
- Zilt Investment Limited Current Job Vacancy – Apply Here!
- Kirby Nigeria Latest Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
- Edo election: APC accuses Gov Obaseki of plagiarizing Trump’s campaign slogan
Education5 hours ago
Kaduna govt reveals when schools ‘ll resume ahead WAEC exam
Nigeria News5 hours ago
INEC denies substituting AAC candidates
Nigeria News1 hour ago
2 nurses, woman arrested after stealing newborn baby
Business1 hour ago
Fine Trading International Limited Recent Job Vacancy
Nigeria News1 hour ago
Kwara probes alleged N300m controversial LG funds
Job43 mins ago
Jerian Logistics Recent Job Opportunity – Apply Here!
Job37 mins ago
Kirby Nigeria Latest Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
Business30 mins ago
Zilt Investment Limited Current Job Vacancy – Apply Here!