NIN Registration Procedure for Jamb Candidates 2020/2021
Going by the announcement from JAMB that candidates who wish to apply for the UTME 2020 must possess the National Identification Number (NIN), here you will get the easy guide on how to get your Identification number.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said starting from the 2020/2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), candidates will be required to present their NIN during registration. The National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of numbers assigned to an individual upon successful enrolment into the National Identity Database.
Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person – that makes it unique in nature.
How to Enrol for NIN for all Nigerians
This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident from the age of 16 years and above. You can do the Pre-Enrol process online by visiting>> https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/
- Applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
- Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be Issued to applicant within 12months after Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
- Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Supporting Documents for NIN Registratgion
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Atestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/ recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/ public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents.
NOTE: Your NIN should be closely guarded by individuals and not revealed to all and sundry except to relevant authorities when requested (for instance it shouldn’t be disclosed online over social media and should not be printed along with contact details on business cards or other office stationery).
NIN FOR MINORS: This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident who meets NIMC’s criteria from the age of 0 to 15 years. Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Mandatory requirements for minors (Enrolment of Children)
- Parent /Guardian’s National Identification Number (NIN) Slip ( father, mother or guardian’s NIN ) MUST be provided.
- Supporting documents and evidence of proof as the Guardian to the minor (if Guardian’s NIN is used).
- Registered Birth Certificate/ Statutory Age Declaration.
All minors MUST be accompanied by at least one of the parents or a Guardian.
Latest posts by Precious Leko (see all)
- NIN Registration Procedure for Jamb Candidates 2020/2021 - Thursday, 7 November 2019, 12:42
- Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS) Recruitment 2019 - Thursday, 7 November 2019, 11:40
- FRSC Recruitment 2019, How to Apply - Thursday, 7 November 2019, 11:39