Open Society Investigative Journalism Fellowships 2019
A special and exciting new programme to develop a new generation of investigative reporters, a partnership between Wits Journalism, Rhodes School of Journalism and Media Studies and the Open Society Foundation.
Five Open Society Fellowships in Investigative Reporting are available each year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Each fellowship will last for 18 months, consisting of 12 months’ study, 6 months’ internship and attendance at two international investigative journalism conferences (one in South African and one in the USA/Europe).
Fellows can study either the Wits University BA Hons in Journalism and Media Studies or the MA in Journalism and Media Studies, depending on their previous qualifications and experienced. They will also get an accredited certificate from a Rhodes PAMS course, a portfolio of work and letters of recommendation for their internships. WORTH
- After completion of their programme, the fellows will be placed in internships with investigative teams for six months. We have partnerships with amaBhungane, Daily Maverick, and News24 for this purpose. Students will be expected to work on investigative teams, and produce a portfolio of work at the end of the period.
- Candidates for the BA Hons must have a minimum of two years of journalism or relevant experience and be eligible for Wits Journalism’s mid-career Honours programme: you must either have an undergraduate degree with 65% or better, or pass through an RPL entrance test.
- Candidates for the MA must have at least two year of journalism or relevant experience and be eligible for Wits Journalism’s MA programme: an equivalent of our BA Hons with 65% or better.
- This is an affirmative action programme and black and female candidates will be favoured. Four of the positions will be reserved for South African residents, and the fifth is open to candidates from the African continent.
METHOD OF APPLICANT
- Interested applicant are to click on the link below
- Fill in the following information
- Upload the necessary passport and Document
- Submit your Application
- Print Acknowledgment Copy
DEADLINE: September 21 2019
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Jeremiah Haruna (see all)
- Download Jamb Syllabus for Physics 2020 PDF - Friday, 8 November 2019, 12:17
- Download Jamb Syllabus for Chemistry 2020 PDF - Friday, 8 November 2019, 11:54
- Download Jamb Syllabus for English Language 2020 PDF - Thursday, 7 November 2019, 3:37