The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Mission Nigeria invites applications from qualified Nigerians wishing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
The offcial website to apply is https://apply.iie.org/flta2022
- How to Check BVN On GTB In 2021
- Apply for Secretary at Nigerian NewsDirect Newspaper (2021)
- Apply for Bar Man at a New 4-Star Hotel (2021)
- Apply for Assistant Chef at a New 4-Star Hotel 2021
- How To Convert PDF To Word – Easily Convert PDF to Editable
The FLTA program is designed to offer young foreign teachers an opportunity to teach Yoruba language and culture to American students in universities and colleges. The program also gives an opportunity for participants to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States by engaging in non-degree studies while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at U.S. colleges and universities. Becoming a participant carries with it a great responsibility.
Along with their studies, participants teach language courses, supervise language labs and lead language table discussions. They may also act as resource persons in conversation groups, cultural representatives, attendants in language laboratories, coordinators of extra-curricular activities, guest speakers in civilization courses, head of language clubs, houses, tables and much more.
Grant Benefit: The grant covers the grantee’s round trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, health insurance, and tuition scholarship for their coursework. Provisions will be made for participants to attend a Fulbright FLTA Summer Orientation in the United States prior to beginning their program. During the FLTA program, fellows are also invited to participate in special Fulbright enrichment seminar and conference for professional development and networking opportunity.
Note: The grant does not cover travel of family members; hence grantees will not be allowed to travel with spouse and children or relatives to the United States even at their own expense.
Field of Study: Competition is open to applicants who major in English Language, Education, Hausa, Yoruba, Linguistics and Languages
To be qualified for this program:
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria. He or she must be residing in the country at the time of application
- Applicants must be graduates who have received their bachelor degrees in English language, Education, Linguistics, Yoruba, Hausa and Languages
- Applicants must be teachers of English Language or Yoruba or Hausa in Nigerian secondary schools, colleges or universities. Proven years of teaching experience are mandatory
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their employer
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum score of 90 in the Internet Based TOEFL test.
- Applicants must have at least a credit in Yoruba language in WAEC/NECO
- Applicants must have an in-depth knowledge of Yoruba or Hausa culture and current events in Nigeria. They must have sincere interest in teaching Hausa or Yoruba language and culture to students in the U.S.
- Applicants must have leadership skills and the ability to motivate students in an emphatic manner
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, creativity, professionalism, flexibility, and a willingness to learn
- Applicants must be ready to become a cultural ambassador interested in meeting people and becoming part of community events and campus activities
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home
- The FLTA program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Applicants that are found to have plagiarized in their application will be disqualified
Application and Instructions: The application and instructions can be found at https://apply.iie.org/flta2022
- Applicants should log onto the website, enter an e-mail address and create a password. Please remember this password because it will be used throughout the application process.
- Applicants are strongly advised to read the instructions preceding the application carefully.
- All applicants must fill out the application forms completely and attach their supporting documents online (3 letters of references, Curriculum Vitae, academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and writing samples.)
- Essays should address the program goals and include future plans of teaching English language in Nigeria.
Hard copies of official academic transcripts should be forwarded to our office by regular mail.
For YORUBA Please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
For HAUSA Please address the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja
Note: The Fulbright program is a popular program, the Public Affairs Section will ONLY NOTIFY SHORTLISTED
Application opens: February 8
Application Closes: June 1
- Wema Bank Recruitment 2021 Application Procedures
- NDLEA Salary Structure 2021: Check Salary Scale and Allowance
- How to Score High in 2021 Post UTME Screening Examination
- Don’t Miss Another Federal Government Survival Fund Grant 2021
- Review: SwitchEasy’s MagDoka and MagStand Add MagSafe Compatibility to iPhone 11 Models
Business7 days ago
Apply for Support Grants Nigeria 2021 (Get N20,000 Monthly) – supportgrants.ng
Business4 days ago
How to Apply for Survival Fund without CAC Certificate
Business6 days ago
Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) 2021: How to Get your fund into your Account
Business6 days ago
CBN Covid-19 Loan: Disbursement Still Ongoing- Those yet to be credited should see this
Npower6 days ago
Breaking: Npower 2021 Begin Shortlist for Batch C, N-Creative
Business3 days ago
UNDP Cash Transfer, Applicants to Get Up to N200,000 Each – FG
Business4 days ago
Get Up to N1,000,000 – How to Apply for Business Grant From SMEDAN
Business4 days ago
Apply For Federal Government Business Grants in Nigeria 2021-2022