The senior staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), and the Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) has threatened to embark on a two-weeks warning strike starting from Monday, October 5, should the government not meet their demands.
- MTN Cheat Leaked (Get 12GB for FREE) See Activation Code
- July & Backlogs Stipends: We’ve Started Disbursement/Transition to Follow – See Details
- Lagos State Employment Trust Fund/USADF Employability Programme 2020
- Federal Ministry of Human Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Recruitment 2020
- How To Apply For Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) 2020
The decision for the industrial action was reached after a meeting by its Joint Action Committee (JAC), today Friday 2nd October 2020, at the University of Lagos.
In their address to newsmen, SSANU and NASU chairmen, Olusola Osuwunmi and Kehinde Ajibade revealed that the strike action involves all public Nigerian Universities.
According to the unions, the decision to embark on the industrial action was as a result of the unwillingness of the federal government to implement and meet their demands, which includes 10 months non-payment of arrears of their minimum wage, inconsistency in the implementation of the IPPS platform, poor funding of Nigerian universities, non-seriousness in re-negotiating their 2009 agreement, amongst others.
The Association also warned that they would embark on a total strike if their demands are not addressed by the federal government while the warning strike last.
- NIN Enrolment of Diplomats Commences at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Apply for International Innovation Award for Sustainable Food and Agriculture Application 2021
- How to Empower and Support Young Entrepreneurs Globally (Resources & Tips)
- Today’s Latest Npower News – 22nd January 2021
- How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Technology19 hours ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business1 day ago
CBN COVID 19 Loan for Household (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
Business2 days ago
How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
Nigeria News5 days ago
If you have not Undergone Training, NYIF YouTube Training Begins Second Phase, See Channel Link
Recruitment7 days ago
Massive Recruitment at NIRSAL National Microfinance Bank (NNMFB)-Apply Here
Recruitment5 days ago
NYIF Make up Training: If you don’t participate you will not be Shortlisted – See Link to Start
Education5 days ago
All List of Schools and their Resumption Dates for January, 2021
Recruitment5 days ago
NYIF Training 2021: NYIF Begins the Second Phase of Training for those who missed – See Training Link