During a Nationwide broadcast on Monday by President Muhammadu Buhari, he gave a speech on the lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT.
In a summary of his speech, the President said;
- Over 10,000 healthcare workers have been trained and PPE distributed to all the states.
- There is a memorandum of understanding on the provision of hazard allowances and other incentives with key health sector professional associations.
- Insurance cover for 5,000 frontline health workers.
- Distribution and expansion of palliatives still ongoing “in a transparent manner.”
- Concerned about isolated security incidents. “I want to assure all Nigerians that your safety and security remain our primary concern.”
- Security agents will get the necessary PPE.
- No country can afford the full impact of a sustained lockdown while awaiting the development of vaccines.
- Phased and gradual easing of lockdown measures in FCT, Lagos and Ogun states effective from Monday, May 4.
- Nationwide curfew from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., except for essential services.
- Controlled inter-state movement of goods and services, mandatory use of face masks or coverings in public.
- Physical distancing and personal hygiene, restrictions on social and religious gatherings.
- Monetary and fiscal authorities shall deploy all the necessary provisions needed for production to continue and, thus, jobs restored.
- Total 2-week lockdown in Kano State.
Coined from RantHQ
- FG & ASSU Set To Reopen Federal Schools in Nigeria
- Survival Fund Application com Registration Portal: How to Fill and Submit FG MSME Forms 2020
- Lagos State Gives New Date for School Resumption
- Have you Applied for CBN Covid-19 Loan and not yet Approved (Here is what to do)
- Nower July Stipend and Backlogs: No Words from Sadiya and OAGF
Recruitment1 day ago
N-Power: Volunteers Should be Given Permanent Appointment-Senator Shehu Sani
Nigeria News18 hours ago
Lagos State Gives New Date for School Resumption
Business1 day ago
Survival Fund N75bn Disbursement begins Today by 10PM – See how to Apply (www.survivalfundapplication.com/)
Business1 day ago
www.survivalfundapplication.com – Apply for FG Survival Fund, Each Applicant to Get Upto N50,000 Relief
Business18 hours ago
Have you Applied for CBN Covid-19 Loan and not yet Approved (Here is what to do)
Recruitment18 hours ago
Nower July Stipend and Backlogs: No Words from Sadiya and OAGF
Recruitment2 days ago
Npower 36 states And FCT Coordinators To Hold A World Press Conference Today
Technology1 day ago
Apply For Youth Agripreneur AgriPitch Competition 2020