Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organisation that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- N50 Billion CBN COVID-19 Loan Application Still ongoing from NIRSAL MFB
- Julius Berger Recruitment 2021: Requirements and how to Submit Form
- Application for FG Skills Acquisition For Youths In Agriculture and Tailoring /Fashion Design
- Just In: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Recruitment 2021 Begins, How to Apply
- FG Project Grow 100 Supplementary Application 2021 Begins – Get $5,000 in Grant
SIF is looking to fill a Head of Mission position based in Maiduguri, Nigeria with frequent moves to Ngala.
You will be under the supervision of the DESK Manager, as part of the SIF Mission Team and you will be supervising the Human Resources, Finance Officers, Program Coordinator and Logistic Supervisor. You will be in charge of providing the overall leadership and strategic direction of SIF operations in Nigeria.
Your work will consist of:
Leadership of the Co untry Programme
- Developing and maintaining a coherent strategy that contributes to SIF’s global objectives.
- Monitoring the emergency humanitarian situation in the country and advise HQs on the appropriate course of action.
- Assessing and responding as necessary to changes in the external environment ensuring these changes are reflected in the country strategy and project plans.
- Developing SIF’s short and medium term strategy for Nigeria.
- Regularly analysing the context, risks, operational access issues and availability of resources, in relation to the program objectives.
- Addressing the feasibility of SIF’s current proposals and realign them in light of the field assessment findings.
- Developing and maintaining SIF’s emergency activities and oversee the scale up of the emergency response.
- Representing SIF, coordinating and advocating on key issues with local and national authorities, UN agencies, donors and INGOs.
- Managing external communications in collaboration with the HQ’s communication department. Act as the contact person with press and media.
- Maintaining regular communications with HQs using the established procedures.
Staff Management/Human Resources
- Providing leadership and management to the team.
- Participating/overseeing the recruitment process of national staff.
- Interpreting, developing and applying SIF’s HR policies and terms and conditions, national employment law, consistently and effectively.
- Regularly making performance and management appraisals.
- Overseeing the timely and efficient planning and implementation of procurement and supply of items in line with project needs.
- Ensuring adequate management of warehousing, compounds, transportation, goods in kind and assets according to SIF procedures.
Safety and Security Management
- Monitoring the security context and act on any deterioration in this that could affect operations.
- Ensuring the updating of the Security plan and produce a weekly security report.
Administration and Finance
- Overseeing budget preparation and analysis of actual expenditures against the budget.
- Establishing and maintaining SIF field accounting systems.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and its organisation, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- You have worked a minimum of 5 years in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or chief of Party with INGOs in a similar context.
- You are very experienced in strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem-solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- You possess strong leadership skills and a supportive management style of all staff.
- You possess strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- You have experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- An understanding and commitment to SIF’s mission and values are necessary.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian context and French and/or Arabic speaking would be appreciated.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- French fixed term contract: 12 months.
- Remuneration according to our salary grid.
- Monthly perdiem.
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance).
- R&R to your home country for your 6 months breaks.
- Leaves every 3 months.
Deadline Date: Thursday, 25 February 2021
Organization: Secours Islamique France
Nigeria Safety Rating
Technology3 days ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business6 days ago
How to Check if your CBN Covid-19 TCF Loan is Approved
Technology3 days ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)
Grants5 days ago
Apply for CFMC COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant 2021 (Get Up to $5,000 in Cash)
Health7 days ago
2021: Importance of Folic Acid to Pregnant Women
QA6 days ago
FREE Airtime Ultimate Search (Click to find the Scratch Card PIN, MTN Users)
Business7 days ago
How To to Use Loan Apps Properly to Get a Loan In 2021
Recruitment7 days ago
Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021/2022 Check Job Application Status