What is Special Education? is seen as the practice of educating students with identified disabilities and special needs. These interventions are designed to help individuals with special needs achieve a higher level of personal self-sufficiency and success in school and in their community which may not be available if the student were only given access to a typical classroom education.
- What Is Geophysics?
- Just In: Apply for House Manager at a Reputable Company
- Apply for Shelter Coordinator Assistant at Solidarities International – 2021
- Apply for Faculty Trainer at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Apply for – Operations Manager at Associates Consulting Limited (2021)
How the Individuals with Disabilities Educate
This ensures that children with disabilities have access to a free and appropriate public education and that schools provide special education to these children in the least restrictive environment possible, which means keeping them in general education classrooms whenever possible.
This covers children from the age of 3 through high school (or the age of 21, whichever comes first). Children younger than the age of 3 can receive services through early intervention services.
To qualify, children must fall under one of the 13 disabilities identified:
- Emotional disturbance
- Visual impairment, including blindness
- Speech or language impairment
- Orthopedic impairments
- Hearing impairment
- Intellectual disability
- Multiple disabilities
- Traumatic brain injury
- Other health impairment, including ADHD
- Specific learning disability, including (among others) dyslexia, dyscalculia, and dysgraphia
Special Education Interventions
Special education may be best described as a purposeful intervention designed to overcome or eliminate the obstacles that keep children with disabilities from learning. In other words, it is about providing children with disabilities with individualized plans of instruction to help them succeed in their dream or career.
Where is Special Education Taught?
However, most special education takes place in the general education classroom – consistent with the goal of providing children with disabilities special education services in the least restrictive environment.
- Open Heaven 20th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessing From Above)
- NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
- Open Heaven 19th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Children’s Meat)
- Open Heaven 18th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Contact)
- Open Heaven 17th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Substituted)
Recruitment6 days ago
How to Check your Name for N-Power Deployment 2021 | Process to Follow for Successful Applicant
Recruitment7 days ago
Nigerian Custom Service Shortlist Names 2021/2022
business7 days ago
How to Apply for WEMA Bank Overseas Study advisory and Loan
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 15th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Favour: What It Does)
Education6 days ago
University of Calabar (UNICAL) have allegedly asked Final Year Students to go back to 200-level
Grants4 days ago
Are you a young Nigerian who wants to access up to 5 million Grant to finance your small business?
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 14th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (In His Presence)
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 16th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Intervention)