The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has taken to their Twitter handle to announce to the general public that those who generated their NIN due to Bank Verification Number (BVN) record harmonisation with the National Identity Database will not be able to access the mobile app and your NIN-SIM integration will be invalid.
TRENDING NOW on Searchngr.com
- Small business grant program launches in New River Valley, USA (Get Up to $15,000)
- Apply for Small Business Grant Program for Oceanside Businesses, USA (Get Up to $7,500 )
- CIVICUS Youth Action Lab 2021 for Youth from the Global South (Funded)
- 18+ Imo PCC Commissioner Records Live S3x in Viral Video
- CBN Covid 19 Loan: Application for Supplementary Applicants 2021 (Here is how to apply )
What you should do
NIMC asked those who have gotten their NIN through such a process to visit the enrolment centres to validate their number.
Furthermore, It said, “NIN generated by the BVN can only be used after it has been updated at the NIMC enrolment center. Hence, you must complete your NIN registration even if your BVN has generated a NIN.”
The NIMC made the clarification following the controversy sparked by the use of shortcodes to generate the NIN.
This comes after some enrolees said they got the number after getting registered for the BVN, insisting that there was no need to visit any NIMC centre again.
Amid the second wave of COVID-19 in the country, thousands of Nigerians storm the NIMC enrolment centres daily.
There are fears that the rate of transmission at the enrolment centers is high because the enrollees fail to comply with the COVID-19 protocols.
- Open Heaven 20th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessing From Above)
- NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
- Open Heaven 19th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Children’s Meat)
- Open Heaven 18th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Contact)
- Open Heaven 17th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Substituted)
Recruitment6 days ago
How to Check your Name for N-Power Deployment 2021 | Process to Follow for Successful Applicant
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 15th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Favour: What It Does)
Education6 days ago
University of Calabar (UNICAL) have allegedly asked Final Year Students to go back to 200-level
Grants4 days ago
Are you a young Nigerian who wants to access up to 5 million Grant to finance your small business?
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 14th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (In His Presence)
Nigeria News24 hours ago
NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 16th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Intervention)
Nigeria News4 days ago
2021/2022 NPower Registration – Check April Enrollment Update