Application for the 2020 Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is now open. An online training academically designed by the London School of Insurance in conjunction with Africa Re to fulfil its mission to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa.
- Massive Recruitment at NIRSAL National Microfinance Bank (NNMFB)-Apply Here
- Make Free Call While the Receiver Pays on MTN – Dial this Code Before Calling
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2020 Application Form Portal @wemabank
- FG of Nigeria Calls for Undergraduate Scholarships for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- WAEC GCE 2020 Extend Registration Period @waecnigeria
The insurance programme is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. Candidates who are successful for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a training programme on a yearly basis with a “stretch/learning assignment” built-in, where valuable on-the-job experience will be gained.
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built-in, where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience. They will undergo an intensive 9 months’ on-line training on a specially designed package focusing on Reinsurance, Leadership and Management subjects. The training programme will be run in English and French.
Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in another city where Africa Re has an office to conclude the training and for the graduation ceremony. During the one week face- to- face training, participants will be divided into teams. Each team will be requested to present a paper of not more than 5 pages on how they expect to influence their respective organizations in the areas of training, knowledge and skills acquisition if they assume positions of authority.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism;
- Develop/improve internal operations processes (client servicing, claims handling, etc.);
- Contribute to market research and segmentation for low income clients, and develop products for the masses in order to increase insurance penetration;
- Contribute to the construction of reliable database of re/insurance market statistics.
Minimum requirements for eligibility
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
2020 Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) Application
Applications received after the deadline, will not be considered. Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, cover letter and reference forms. If deemed necessary, an interview may be part of the assessment process.
To make the process of enrollment as easy as possible, please find below a list of the documents you will need to supply as part of the application process. Have these ready to upload before you start the process.
Submission of Applications
- Please fill the form.
- Upload supporting documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 22 January 2021 and must be available to commence the programme in February 2021.
Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
- Olusegun Agagu Foundation Full Scholarships Scheme 2021
- Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship for Nigerians 2021
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Scholarships in Venice, Italy 2021-2022 – Apply Now
Recruitment4 days ago
Nigerian Air Force, NAF DSSC Recruitment 2021 Begins for (How to apply)
business7 days ago
Fmardspace Fertilizer Subsidy Grant 2021: Payment to begin for AFJP Farmers
Nigeria News4 days ago
EFCC Recruitment 2021 Application (How to Apply)
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 24th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (When Revival Comes 11)
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 26th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Prayer, Praise And Worship)
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 25th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Let Your Light So Shine)
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 27th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Renewing The Mind)
Education6 days ago
Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) Software Development Competition 2021