POSITION TITLE: Operations Director
GROUP: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
Winrock is seeking Operations Director for long-term assignment for a USAID funded project that will support agriculture extension & advisory services in Nigeria. The project will increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geographic zones in Nigeria (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta) through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services. The project will particularly focus on aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and soybean value chains.
- Works with Winrock staff in the regional and Home Office to update project manuals as necessary
- Ensure subcontractors and project expenditures including procurement comply with USAID regulations
- Implements sound internal control practices in all project offices in accordance with Winrock policies
- Directs the hiring and activities or project, administrative, and support staff
- Supervises office functions and activities related to procurement, travel, records and filing systems, and short-term technical assistance mobilization
- Ensures all project staff follow Winrock accounting policy
- Develops and manages project budgets and sub-budgets
- Monitors monthly financial performance in relation to budgets and forecasts, obligated funds, commitments, and advances to subs and consultants
- Provides detailed analysis of costs, budgets, contract, and funding agency requirements as needed
- Manages sub-offices and oversees subcontracting processes and subcontract invoices
- Approves and manages all employee, local consultants, subcontractor, and leasing contracts
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
B.S. or equivalent university degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 8 years of experience leading financial, administrative, and/or procurement of donor-funded programs (USAID experience strongly preferred)
- Experience in managing office staff
- Experience managing small grants to local organizations desired
- Familiarity with the USAID procurement process desired
- Strong computer software skills in MS Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with fluency in both English and preferred fluency in Hausa, Pidgin, or Yoruba
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply via e-mail to Nigeria.email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line, by May 15.
The e-mail should contain your CV, cover letter, and three (3) professional references. Winrock will only contact candidates considered for the position.