Use the Search Button below for more details.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Job Type: Full-Time Contract
Job Location: Lagos
Job Category: Leasing (Asset Finance) Industry
Education Level; Graduate
Our client, A Leasing (Asset Finance) Firm is seeking to fill the role.
They have developed adequate solutions and products to bridge the gaps in asset finance in Nigeria and have also identified and currently serve a niche market that caters to an important and strategic sub-sector of the Nigerian Economic Space. They have also developed very robust strategic relationships with major franchise holders in the retail space and are firmly positioned to capture a sizeable market share in the consumer market.
Their medium to long term plan is to expand into the six geographical locations of Nigeria within the next two years, expand into other African markets within the next three to four years and list on the Nigerian Stock Exchange within five years.
The Business Development Officer will function within the Business Development Team to generate leasing drive sales, write proposals and plans to meet business needs and requirements.
As a business development officer, you’ll be concerned with improving and growing the business by fostering and developing relationships with customers, and other partners. You will work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Officer to help us expand our clientele, drive sales and increase profitability.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Related: Apply: P&G Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Finance Accounting Internship at Procter Gamble Company Lagos
- Identify and cultivate lease financing and loan lending opportunities within the corporate and retail sectors and specifically your assigned sub-sector.
- Establish/originate, evaluate/develop, qualify and maintain lease financing and loan lending opportunities and offer lease financing and loan lending to customers.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure a Balanced Scorecard perspective of metrics and ratios of financial, customer, internal process, lease terms and payments.
- Adhere to organizational procedures and policies for all lease processing.
- Develop and apply full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies regarding leases.
- Ensure efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- Ensure the creation, development and maintenance of a comprehensive database of external contacts and clients.
- Knowledge of current market conditions; competitor and market analyses, monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual lease that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to: counselling and pre-qualifying potential lessees, taking complete and accurate application; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and equity contributions and lock-in information; overseeing the lease process by monitoring lease status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicate lease status to parties.
- Maintain a blotter or schedule of all disbursements, pending, maturities and defaults.
- Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Submit a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and periodic summary of achievements, closures, meetings/presentations to the Manager.
Skills and Knowledge you will need:
- the ability to sell products and services
- knowledge of English language
- the ability to use your initiative
- leadership skills
- customer service skills
- business management skills
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
- tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- an excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associate
- excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- initiative and good decision-making skills
- project management skills
- the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- great organisational skills
- good networking skills
- the ability to think strategically
- the ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
- the ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you’re dealing with overseas clients.
- A valid driving license is a requirement.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Market and grow the company’s leasing and asset finance products
- cold calling’ to arrange meetings at customers’ premises
- finding out what an organisation needs and working with a team to plan proposals and pricing
- selling products and services to new and existing customers
- negotiating with customers and building positive relationships
- attending events and conferences
- writing reports and making presentations to customers and senior management
- identifying new methods and opportunities for sales campaigns
- forecasting sales targets and making sure they’re met
- delivering training to business developers and junior sales teams
- identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- draw up client contracts – depending on the size of the company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
No matchStrategic Relationships
No matchCold Calling
No matchBusiness Networking
No matchTelephone Manner
- Management Consulting
- Business Development
- Apply for Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022 for Young Nigerian Graduates
- Understanding Crypto Exchanges And Their Features
- Everything You Need To Know About Cloud Mining
- Nigerian Civil Defence (NSCDC) Final Shortlist Now Released – Check here
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Head Of Insurance – Apply Now
Recruitment6 days ago
2022 Nigerian Police Recruitment: Online Registration Extended by ten days – Apply Now
Nigeria News6 days ago
Apply Now for GAMA Scholarship Application 2022
Recruitment6 days ago
Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Head Of Insurance – Apply Now
Nigeria News4 days ago
Nigerian Civil Defence (NSCDC) Final Shortlist Now Released – Check here
Cryptocurrency2 days ago
Everything You Need To Know About Cloud Mining
Cryptocurrency2 days ago
Understanding Crypto Exchanges And Their Features
Nigeria News6 days ago
Low turnout from South-East, Lagos as 81,005 apply for police Job Nationwide
Recruitment3 hours ago
Apply for Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022 for Young Nigerian Graduates