House of Representatives has given President Buhari 48 hours to address the nation over the rate of killings in the country.
This was part of the resolutions reached by lawmakers in the House when the matter came up during plenary yesterday Thursday, April 11th.
The lawmakers who were disturbed by the increasing rate of killings in the nation, totally agreed that the President should address them and the nation regarding the attacks on communities in Benue, Zamfara, Kaduna, and other states where many people were killed and several others displaced.
The lawmakers also demanded for the President to brief the nation on the alleged inability of his administration to declare the “killer herdsmen” as terrorists.
They decided that if President fails to respond to the request, they alongside other Nigerians, would conclude that he and his administration were incapable of reducing the incessant killing of innocent Nigerians.
And also the failure to address the nation would mean that the President and his administration have failed in their primary constitutional responsibility of ensuring the security and welfare of the citizens.
- WAHO Recruitment 2023 – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- NITDA Announces Shortlist for Free Cybersecurity Training Program
- Spreading the Redd: Unleashing the Potential of ReddCoin’s RDD
- EFCC Aptitude Screening Date 2023: What Shortlisted Candidates Need to Know
- DELSU Direct Entry admission form 2023/2024