National Council of Arts and Culture (NCAC) Recruitment 2019 – In this article, you will get first-hand information on National Council of Arts and Culture 2019 recruitment application form, requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important update for free.
The key purpose of the National Council of Arts and Culture recruitment is to create more jobs for Nigerian youths both graduates and undergraduates. By so doing, unemployment in Nigeria will be curbed and become story of the past.
About National Council of Arts and Culture
The National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC) was established by Decree No. 3 of 1975 and amended by Decree No. 5 of 1987 (now Cap N25 Laws of the Federation 2004). It is a Federal Government organ charged, with the responsibility of coordination, development and promotion of the Living Arts and Culture of Nigeria at national and international fora.
Drawing from its Enabling Law, the Council’s mandate includes the following:
- To plan and co-ordinate Cultural activities towards fostering the development of Literary, Visual and Performing Arts in Nigeria.
- To coordinate national Cultural events amongst the 36 States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- To promote skills acquisition and youth empowerment through cultural industries.
- To develop and promote the Arts and Crafts Industry through specialized Exhibitions and Expos.
- To promote and develop the revival of Nigerian Arts and Culture through research and publications.
- to render assistance to the States in the field of Arts and Culture;
- to promote the development of music, traditional dancing, drama, indigenous games, opera, cinema, films, photography, folklore, oral tradition, literature and poetry, painting, sculpture, architecture and general arts, wood work, embroidery, weaving and other crafts.
- To establish, for the purpose of carrying out its functions under this Act, a National Endowment Fund for the Arts.
- to network with Arts Councils of other countries of the world and other relevant international agencies such as International Federation of Art Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA) and the World Crafts Council (WCC) etc.
- To establish with the approval of the Hon. Minister, Cultural Centers, Theaters, Art Galleries and Craft Centers for the promotion of Arts and Culture.
Applicants applying for the National Council of Arts and Culture recruitment must possess any of the following
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- West African Examination Certificate (WACE) or Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO) General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
How to Apply
To be ascertain if the National Council of Arts and Culture Recruitment 2019 has officially started, reach out to the official website: https://www.ncac.gov.ng/ or visit this page frequently for more updates. Adhere strictly on the following step in website.
- Candidates are to apply for one job position, Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- Online application is free.