Today Monday 13th by 9: 00 am the NLC began nationwide protest which started from the Labour house in the Nigerian capital, Abuja.
It had members of affiliated in attendance, Premium Times reports. The union is protesting over the minister of labour, Dr Chris Ngige’s unwillingness to inaugurate the NSITF board.
Speaking at the protest, the national president of NLC, Ayuba Wabba, said they are protesting the attack on Nigerian workers during a procession to Ngige’s private residence in Asokoro, Abuja.
Members of International Labour Congress in Geneva will be protesting against Ngige on June 18, he said.
The NLC had earlier called on President Muhammadu Buhari to probe Ngige over his involvement in the affairs of the NSITF.
He also said the protest is not against the inauguration of the board but against the manner in which the minister superintended the affairs of the labour sector.
- Open Heaven 3rd March 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (God’s Partner)
- Best 5G Phones in 2021 – Specs, Price, and Best Deals
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Apply for Network Operations Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Just In – Apply for Senior Operations Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Technology24 hours ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business7 days ago
UNDP Cash Transfer, Applicants to Get Up to N200,000 Each – FG
Business4 days ago
How to Check if your CBN Covid-19 TCF Loan is Approved
Technology1 day ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)
Nigeria News7 days ago
NYIF Website Having Issues? Here is an Update to Access your Loan
Grants3 days ago
Apply for CFMC COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant 2021 (Get Up to $5,000 in Cash)
Economy5 days ago
BOI Loan: Apply for BOI Manufacturing Loan 2021 (Get Up to 10 Million)
Health5 days ago
2021: Importance of Folic Acid to Pregnant Women