Bayero University Kano (BUK) Postgraduate Registration For New and Returning Students
Postgraduate students of Bayero University Kano, are advised to conclude all course registration activities before the closing date as complains relating to registration would not be considered after the closing date.
Payment of BUK postgraduate school fees closes on Friday, 26th of April 2019.
All other activities relating to postgraduate registration will close on Sunday, 28th of April 2019.
A. Authentication (http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/sps/authentication.php)
All students whether fresh or returning need to authenticate their studentship before starting the registration process.
Fresh students needs the following for authentication.
- Admission letter serial number
- Application Number and
- Registration Number
Fresh students are free to choose their password at the point of authentication. After successful authentication, a username is generated for a student.
Returning students needs the following for authentication.
- Registration Number
- Last Session’s Username and
- Last Session’s Password
Returning students have a choice of changing their password at the point of authentication. All passwords must be at least 6 characters long and are case-sensitive.
B. Login (http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/sps/login.php)
After successful authentication, students can use their respective username and password to login in order to start or continue with the registration process.
C. Registration Procedure
- Profile Update: Students must first update their profile. Note that students are strongly advised to update their phone numbers and emails as they are used on their BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF).
- Student Information Form (S.I.F.): After profile update students can generate and download/print their Student Information Form (SIF).
- BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF): Students must generate, download and print a BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). Registration fees are reflected on student’s BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and e-Collection platform (click here for the payment procedure). Make sure you carefully read, understand and follow the payment procedure, as BUK will not be liable for any lost of funds as a result of incorrect data entry. Students must make sure that they entered ALL the information of the BUKPPF EXACTLY. Students must also ensure that
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Amount to Pay (₦)
- Registration No.
- BUKPPF ID
- Payer’s Full Name
- Payer’s Email
- Payer’s Phone
are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF. Note that Payer (Payer’s Full Name, Payer’s Email, Payer’s Phone) means the student, so even if the student is not the one making the payment (payment by proxy) make sure to use the student information. Any misinformation may lead to unnecessary delay in validating and processing of payment. Payments are usually validated and processed within 24/48 hours of making payment. NOTE THAT ALL FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER PAYMENT
4. Student Payment Receipt (S.P.R.): After payment is validated and processed, students must generated and download/print Student Payment Receipt (SPR) in order to continue with the registration.
5. Course Registration: After printing the SPR, a student can register his/her courses. Students are strongly advised to seek the guidance of their respective level coordinators on the courses they are supposed to register with any limitations and/or restrictions.
6. Course Registration Form (C.R.F.): After course registration students must generate and download/print the Course Registration Form (CRF). The CRF contains the details of the registered courses.
7. Registration Acknowledgement Slip (R.A.S.): After printing the CRF, students can print the Registration Acknowledgement Slip (RAS) to acknowledge that they have successfully completed their registration process.
Students can logout and continue the registration at a later time.