Experience in outbound business development within a technical or professional services discipline.
Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition.
Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
Following industry trends locally and internationally.
Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements.
Strong communication skills; including the ability to engage and operate with senior stakeholders such as COO, CFO and CEO.
Confidence and credibility in understanding the client’s complex technical and business requirements.
Experience in Cybersecurity products or consultancy is ideal.
Background working for a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment.
- Proactively prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Manage the full Solution life-cycle, from initial opportunity through to delivery of a solution.
- Manage both new and existing clients, develop your pipeline of opportunities
- Work both directly with clients and with partner vendors on business opportunities
- Achievement of monthly/quarterly/ annual new business targets
- Build and maintain relationships with new business prospects
- Meet with clients to qualify engagements and gain commitment
- Business Administration – manage the reporting of the KPI’s* and general CRM housekeeping
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development
- Support Channel Activity with Partner Account Mapping and Partner Activities.
- Attend marketing events, training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Delivering outbound business development calls into new client organizations.
- Converting incoming leads from events, previous clients and/or other external organizations.
- Account management of high-value and other clients.
- Managing prospects through the sales cycle from an initial query and leads, through to closing and post-delivery management.
- Leading meetings with prospective clients to discuss their requirements in-depth.
- Generating proposals for clients once requirements have been carefully scoped.
- Formulating clear, structured and detailed responses to RFPs and RFIs, in line with our services and capabilities.
- Gathering intelligence about the cybersecurity marketplace, including long-term actionable information about future trends.
- Attending events, exhibitions, conferences and other events to network amongst industry leaders.
Qualification & Certification
- Minimum 5+ years of technology with knowledge of Cybersecurity Solutions experience.
- Degree (university, Computer Science / Information Technology, engineering or business school).
- Proven new business sales achievement against the target – hunter mentality.
- Experience in Direct & In-Direct sales roles.
- Understanding of solution and consulting service selling.
- Understanding of Corporate IT teams and their buying processes.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal).
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer & Network Security
- Financial Services
- Business Development