GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Requisition ID: WD210123
Position: Full time
Functional Area: Finance
- Finance Partnering Pure/Embedded: Performing finance partnering activities at a management level to support strategy and decision making with critical business insights, supporting Commercial & other Business Units & their teams.
- Provides financial information and insight for forecasting, planning and controlling costs to the business. Focus is on financial accounting/analysis to support the achievement of internal business goals. May be responsible for a budgetary control system and business performance analysis.
- Monitors Pharma trading results on a monthly basis in comparison with budgeted profits. Circulates the monthly analysis to aid decision making by Commercial Teams.
- Helps management put together realistic 3-year financial plans which guide the business to achieve its goals.
- Ensures the integrity of financial data provided to users including corporate finance with an aim of safeguarding business assets and assisting management make informed decisions.
- Monitors that departmental overheads are kept within budgets with an aim of ensuring that the business achieves its targeted profits.
- Monitors gross profits of key products and investigate key variances from plan and suggest remedial actions with the aim of ensuring that the business delivers the budgeted profits.
- Analysis of promotional activities e.g. products bonusing to ensure that these activities don’t result in losses.
- Performs Price/Volume analysis to ensure that price increases or decreases don’t have a negative impact on sales.
- Updates the sales force and the departmental heads on a monthly basis on their performance in terms of sales and expenses to ensure that they are on a budget and make remedial actions in time in case they are off the budget.
- Prepare a presentation to the top management on the year-to-date trading results with commentary on key variances on a monthly basis with an aim of ensuring that the top management is always well informed of the business trend in order to make any remedial actions in time.
- Support Commercial Team in preparing month on month forecasts in ModCF, this also feeds into the RFC submission.
- Implement roll out plans set out by Global Finance for new systems or change in systems.
- Ensure timely, and accurate submission of monthly period end data into Bison for Nigeria Market.
- Prepare other ad-hoc analysis that may be required from time to time.
- BSc/ HND in Finance/Accounting
- Advance Financial and/or Management qualification
- Certified Accountant
- Strong Financial analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also within a team
- Strong ability and experience to use Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint in day-to-day activities
- Job TypeFull Time
- location Nigeria
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Requisition ID: WD210615
Functional Area: Sales
- The purpose of this job is to implement the current GSK sales strategy through sales call on all classes of customers as defined in the marketing plan. Comply with HCP engagement guidelines in line with global compliance practices.
- Implement current strategies in promoting GlaxoSmithKline products to Healthcare Professionals through the planned execution of Sales and Marketing activities to achieve set objectives.
- Develop and execute sales business plan for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products within an assigned territory in accordance with approved marketing strategies ensuring that visits are in line with the full potential of the customer and territory.
- Drive sales growth and market share objectives for designated products in assigned territory through optimal sales activity.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate, solve problems creatively, demonstrate high integrity, focus on the customer (Healthcare professionals) and ensure advocacy for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products.
- Keep up to date with the latest approved clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with Healthcare professionals
- Use currently approved marketing support materials appropriately to influence Healthcare professionals prescribing habits leveraging Patient-Focused Selling Skills.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with GSK Values, Commercial Ethics Code and appropriate SOPs.
- Ensure good care of assets allocated for use in performing a role and effectively use annual expenditure budget to maximize return on investment
- Timely completion of key administrative tasks as required by a Line manager
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, follow up on every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Use Veeva CRM as a tool for documentation of all interactions
- Align priorities with company short term and long term commercial strategy
- Apply the right combination of GSK strategy and market knowledge to optimize the accessibility of our products to the patients for their utmost benefit.
- Contribute towards own performance by identifying development areas and discuss improvement plans with Manager.
- Act as an inspirational colleague for the team and contribute ideas and actions to ensure positive competition within a team
- Contributes to the improvements in sales processes and workflow
- Scope of this position is limited to an assigned territory while collaborating among other team members and sharing knowledge and contribute efforts towards aligned business plans.
Complexity: (degree of change & uncertainty; a level of influencing required; a degree of matrix working)
- Ability to design and implement an annual territory business plan to achieve planned objectives
- Responsible for territory customers profiling, segmentation & targeting
- Competence to make required daily calls to Healthcare professionals with an emphasis on call rate, call frequency and call coverage
- Presentation skills for clinical meeting and seminar.
- Strong networking ability and influencing skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of knowledge for product portfolio to ensure effective interactions with Healthcare professionals
- Work across boundaries with internal and external stakeholders
- Achieve GSK standards in disease and product knowledge
- Annual certification with full alignment to all related SOPs, policies and local regulations.
- Pharmaceutical science
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics /requirements in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Private and public hospital selling
- Relationship and time management
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Meet GSK standards of efficiency and effectiveness KPIs.
- Drive scientific discussion through conducting group doctor meetings.
- Market intelligence and timely feedback
- Care about GSK assets and optimize the company resources
Application of Knowledge:
- Timely completion of territory and call planning, as well as tracking the implementation.
- Meet the defined skills standards measured by the In-field coaching
- Meet GSK standards during In-house application (Role Play Assessment).
- Ensure all activities are executed in line with related SOPs, policies and local regulations
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction in the defined territory.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- Registered with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- Fluency in English
- Completion of the mandatory NYSC with discharge or exemption certificate
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, together with problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure both independently and within a team
- Have a strong analytical approach and be able to effectively collect, collate and use data to enhance and improve business results
- Communication skill
- Selling and Negotiation skill
- Presentation skill
- IT literacy
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work in any part of the country
- Selling experience as a medical representative in the Pharmaceutical industry will be an added advantage
- Set direction &inspire – Territory Management
- Work across boundaries – Professional Knowledge
- Release energy – Patient-Focused Scientific Selling Skills
- Develop capability & talent
- Drive performance
- Live our values
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply for any of the position on the company’s official website.
- How Do JAMB Rate Your Score
- How to Check 2020 National Examinations Council (NECO) GCE Result Online
- How to Purchase National Examinations Council (NECO) Tokens to Check SSCE, BECE, and NCEE Results Online
- FCT College of Education Zuba Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- How to Print JAMB 2021 mock exam slip printing
Nigeria News7 days ago
How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
Nigeria News12 hours ago
Apply for CBN Manara Loan 2021 – Application Portal (Non-Interest Loan)
Nigeria News12 hours ago
NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
Nigeria News13 hours ago
2021 Nirsal Loan Application Portal For FG N10M Grants.
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 4th May RCCG Daily Devotional (Give And It Shall Be Given To You.)
Nigeria News6 days ago
Npower Deployment Update for 2021 Batch C Applicants – Check Now
Education5 days ago
JAMB 2021 UTME/DE Registration Closing Date – Check Now.
Education4 days ago
Breaking News: NECO Releases 2020 External Results, See how to Check