The Project Director is responsible for overall aspects of program implementation and performance, both technical and managerial. The Project Director will manage the technical and administrative teams, with overall responsibility for overseeing coordination across results areas, coordination of decision making across key stakeholders, and supervision of partner organizations. S/he leads the planning and implementation of work plans to ensure quality results. The Project Director will have overall responsibility in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, reporting, operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial accounting, and overall client satisfaction. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for daily oversight and direction of project activities;
- Develop and maintain positive relations with the Ministry of Education officials and other government counterparts, DfID, local organizations and program partners;
- Build capacity of public and private sector institutions to ensure local ownership and sustainability of project activities;
- Communicate regularly with DfID to provide updates and progress reports;
- Oversee the planning and implementation of project activities, including reporting, tracking of Performance Monitoring Plan and implementation of the project work plan;
- Supervise project technical and operations teams; and
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent; PhD or EdD is preferred) in education, education policy and planning, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field;
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience managing complex international and donor-funded development projects, preferably with DfID;
- At least 5 years of experience in the education sector in West or Central Africa;
- Demonstrated experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement;
- Experience education programming is required; experience in teacher professional development and community engagement preferred;
- Must have demonstrated an ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required; and
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in Hausa preferred.
- Apply for Admin Officer at a Reputable Pharmaceutical Marketing Company
- Apply for Cargo Manager at a Travel & Tour Company – HRLeverage Africa
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Matriculation Ceremony Date for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- How To Unshare Data On Glo In 2021
- How To Earn Extra Money In 3 Easy Steps!
Technology1 day ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business4 days ago
How to Check if your CBN Covid-19 TCF Loan is Approved
Technology2 days ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)
Grants4 days ago
Apply for CFMC COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant 2021 (Get Up to $5,000 in Cash)
Economy5 days ago
BOI Loan: Apply for BOI Manufacturing Loan 2021 (Get Up to 10 Million)
Health5 days ago
2021: Importance of Folic Acid to Pregnant Women
QA4 days ago
FREE Airtime Ultimate Search (Click to find the Scratch Card PIN, MTN Users)
Business5 days ago
How To to Use Loan Apps Properly to Get a Loan In 2021