The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is delighted to announce the eight annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States.The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
In the eight years of this programme, 79 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2019, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Courses.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||
|University of Abeerdeen||
|University of Leeds||
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must.
- display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- currently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant.
How to Apply for Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen,following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universitieswill process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than June 15, 2019.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
Read Also: Covenant University Post UTME Form 2019 and How to Apply for Admission Screening Exercise
COVID-19: FG commences assessment of States for schools reopening
The Federal Government has commenced stakeholders’ meeting across the six geopolitical zones of the country to review laid down guidelines and protocols for the reopenings of the nation’s educational institutions.
The State Minister for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba made this know in Kano while presiding over the North West School Protocols Guidelines Stakeholders’ meetings.
He said he was in Kano to assess the readiness of the schools vis-a-vis the full maintenance of COVID-19 protocols before going ahead to actualize the dreams of full reopening.
Speaking earlier, the Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje described the Federal Government’s policies and programmes in education as veritable tool to national development.
According to him, the progress recorded and measures taken by the Buhari administration in reopening of schools in the country should be commended.
“I wish to acknowledge the commitment of the Federal Government in the education sector, particularly at this time when schools are about to be reopened,” he said.
The Governor represented by his Deputy, Dr. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna thanked the Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba who paid him a visit in his office.
NEWS: Ebonyi: Umahi visits scene of accident, orders immediate investigation
He said the State Government is committed to prioritizing the education sector in view of its importance, adding that as part of compliance with the COVID-19 protocols for ensuring of safety and protection of the teaching staff and the students, fumigation exercise has been conducted, with PPE’s provided to the schools across the State.
The Governor also explained that recently his administration released the sum of N880 million for the renovation of some schools across the State.
The Minister later praised the efforts of the Kano State Government for its laudable initiatives in promoting education, which he described as worthy of emulation by other States.
University of Ibadan Resumption Date for 200, 300, 400 level students announced
The University of Ibadan (UI) line with the directive of the State Government for all tertiary institutions to resume academic activities after the lockdown due to the spread of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), the College Management has directed that all 300 level and 400 level students are to resume on Monday 14th September 2020 for academic activities.
You are to take note of the following;
- 400 and 300 Level students are resuming on Monday 14th September 2020 for REVISION
- 200 Level students are resuming a week later for REVISION
- 400 and 300 Level students will commence the 2019/2020 academic session first-semester examination on Monday 21st September 2020
- 200 Level students will commence the 2019/2020 academic session first-semester examination on Friday 25th September 2020
- 100 Level students will be on the date of resumption at a later date.
- Students that are resuming are to maintain social distancing at all times
- All students are to appear with their individual face masks before admittance into the College premises
- Students are also advised to make use of Hand Sanitizers at each entry point in the College Premises.
- All Students must come with their identity cards and examination pass to the examination venues
Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment 2020 Application Form Commenced
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment into the Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) for 2020/2021 service period. The Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) is a two-year intervention programme established by the Federal Government in 2006 to assist States in addressing teacher shortage at the basic education level.
ELIGIBILITY FTS Recruitment 2020
Only candidates who fulfill the following conditions need to apply for FTS Recruitment 2020
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014.
- Must have completed or been exempted from the NYSC Scheme.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014, with specialisation in any of the following subjects:
a. English Language
c. Integrated Science
d. Biology, Chemistry and Physics
e. Agricultural Science
f. Home Economics
g. Computer Science
h. Technical/Technology Education
i. Computer Science or Information Technology
j. Nigerian Languages
k. Physical and Health Education
iv) Not more than 35 years of age.
v) Not currently employed or enrolled under the NYSC, N-Power or any similar programme.
The service period is for two (2) years or as may be determined by the Universal Basic Education Commission.
The Federal Government shall pay each participant an allowance of N30,000.00 per month.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR FTS Recruitment 2020
Application Form shall be completed online. Interested candidates who fulfil the above-listed eligibility criteria should visit https://fts.admissions.clouds to complete and submit their application Forms online. Candidates will be required to upload their credentials (as listed on the site) together with their most recent passport photograph.
Federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment 2020 application portal shall be open for two (2) weeks, from 10th – 24th September 2020. There will be no extension.
All enquiries relating to the online application should be directed to: email@example.com and +2347036662931.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a Computer-Based Test as scheduled below:
Date: Saturday, 10th October, 2020
Venue: At designated CBT Centres in each State Capital (Information on this will be provided by the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) and UBEC Zonal and State Offices).
Time: 9.00 am
- Boxing: Nigeria’s Ajagba holds firm, defeats American opponent Rice
- Deezer Premium v220.127.116.11 [Mod-Lite] Apk App Download 2020
- Liverpool striker leaves Anfield for new club ahead of Chelsea clash
- COVID-19: FG commences assessment of States for schools reopening
- #Live – EdoDecides2020: With 4 LG results yet to be announced, Obaseki still leads, INEC resumes remaining collation… Full details
Recruitment6 days ago
300,000 Batch B Enrollee to Get N30,000 July Stipend this Week-Ikem
Nigeria News3 hours ago
#Live – #EdoDecides2020: Obaseki leads as INEC announces LG results… see details
Education6 days ago
University of Ibadan Resumption Date for 200, 300, 400 level students announced
Sport2 hours ago
EPL: Solskjaer reveals why Man Utd lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace
Business3 hours ago
Online Wealth:5 Easy ways to Make lots of Money Online
Nigeria News2 hours ago
#Live – EdoDecides2020: With 4 LG results yet to be announced, Obaseki still leads, INEC resumes remaining collation… Full details
Nigeria News1 hour ago
Liverpool striker leaves Anfield for new club ahead of Chelsea clash
Nigeria News2 hours ago
3 arrested over theft of cars in Adamawa