Connect with us

Sport

Hazard Joins Dortmund On Five-Year Deal

Published

on

Hazard Joins Dortmund On Five-Year Deal 8

 

Borussia Dortmund have signed Thorgan Hazard from Borussia Monchengladbach for a reported transfer fee of €25.5m, excluding add-ons.

Thorgan, who has signed a five-year contract with Dortmund, becomes the first Hazard to move this summer with his older brother Eden linked with a transfer from Chelsea to Real Madrid.

“We are delighted, Thorgan has opted for Borussia Dortmund with his full conviction,” BVB sporting director Michael Zorc said. “He’s an experienced Bundesliga player and a Belgium international. He will help us with his pace and his nose for goals.”


Like his brother Eden, Hazard had been on the books at Chelsea, but left the club for Gladbach in 2014, initially on a loan and then on a permanent transfer. In his five years, for the goals, Hazard contributed 46 goals and a further 44 assists in 182 appearances across all competitions.

 

RELATED: Messi and Aguero In Argentina Copa America Squad.

 

Kindly subscribe to get the next update,
Just enter your email address below and click SUBSCRIBE

Delivered by SearchNGR



Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sport

Man Utd vs Crystal Palace: Solskjaer under attack after EPL 3-1 defeat

Published

on

Man Utd vs Crystal Palace: Solskjaer under attack after EPL 3-1 defeat 9

A former Manchester United defender, Patrice Evra, has criticised the club’s coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, for not starting new signing, Donny van de Beek, in the Red Devils’ Premier League 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Man United began their Premier League campaign with a 3-1 home defeat at Old Trafford.

Crystal Palace took the lead through Andros Townsend, before Wilfried Zaha doubled their advantage from the penalty spot.

New boy Donny van de Beek pulled one back, but Zaha netted again for Roy Hodgson’s men to give the visitors all three points against Solskjaer’s men.

But Evra feels Van de Beek should have started the match against Palace and that Solskjaer sometimes seems to do too much to protect his players.


Discussing the error from Solskjaer, Evra said on Sky Sports’ coverage of the game: “I feel like Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] is sometimes protecting his players too much. He thinks, ‘Van de Beek just arrived so I know everyone is excited.’ Play him!

NEWS:  EPL: Man Utd set to sell Daniel James after 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace

“If he plays bad, at least people will criticise Van de Beek and not Ole, but now they will ask why he did not start him.

“Sometimes you should not protect your players.”

Man United’s next Premier League fixture is against Brighton next weekend.

Kindly subscribe to get the next update,
Just enter your email address below and click SUBSCRIBE

Delivered by SearchNGR



Continue Reading

Sport

EPL: Man Utd set to sell Daniel James after 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace

Published

on

EPL: Man Utd set to sell Daniel James after 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace 10

Daniel James could be set for a Manchester United exit, with Leeds planning to send in a second bid for the player, the UK Sun reports.

The 22-year-old was set to sign for Marcelo Bielsa’s side in January 2019, before his move from Swansea fell through on transfer deadline day.

James eventually joined United for £18million in June last year, but barely featured at the end of last season.

The Wales winger started just one of the club’s final 10 fixtures.


James was on from the start during their 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday, but was replaced by Mason Greenwood at the break.

NEWS:  EPL: Van de Beek blasts Man Utd team-mates after 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace

Bielsa feels he can land James for around £12million plus add-ons.

Leeds could also consider a loan move for the out-of-favour youngster.

Kindly subscribe to get the next update,
Just enter your email address below and click SUBSCRIBE

Delivered by SearchNGR



Continue Reading

Sport

Don't Take Mikel To AFCON 2019 – Odegbami

Published

on


An Ex-Super Eagles Player Segun Odegbami, has told managers of the Nigerian senior team not to take Mikel Obi to AFCON 2019.

Segun Odegbami who noted that Mikel Obi has been absent from the Nigerian National team since Nigeria’s last group stage game against Argentina at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, added that he should not be taken to AFCON 2019 because he is not the player he was.

He told ThisDay; “Recall Mikel? History is against such decision. Mikel is not the player he once was. We have seen his best and it cannot be recreated or better.


What did it fetch?” Odegbami added that new players cannot emerge if the old players do not retire, sighting himself as an example, after he took over from Baba Otu Mohammed after he (Otu) had just been named Africa’s best right-winger but was disappointing in a few games.

Kindly subscribe to get the next update,
Just enter your email address below and click SUBSCRIBE

Delivered by SearchNGR



Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 SearchNGR | A News Aggregator Website | Nigerian Newspapers.