Apply For NELGA Course On The Political, Economy of Land Governance in Africa 2019
Applications are open for the NELGA Course on the Political Economy of Land Governance in Africa 2019. The Institute for Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies (PLAAS) is hosting the short course in collaboration with Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST). The short course will be held in Accra, Ghana from August 12-16, 2019.
The course addresses the political economy of land governance to include the pre-colonial and colonial histories; statutory and customary tenure rights; land policy and land law; land administration in rural and urban contexts; land corruption; large scale acquisitions, gender and class; and natural resource access and management. The curriculum addresses the continent as a whole, but each course has a regional focus in which it is offered in.
- The short course is funded by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), through NELGA.
- They have a limited amount of funding available for participants, which covers course fees, travel and accommodation. Interested parties should apply once the call has been released.
- Open to land practitioners and policy makers on the continent who have the responsibilities and expertise on the land governance issues;
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and have at least 3-4 working experience.
- Applicants without a university degree may be considered, if they have 10-15 years’ work experience.
RELATED: Apply: UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission For 2019/2020 Academic Session
Education5 days ago
BECE Posting 2023 (How to Check Junior WAEC Posting)
Jobs4 days ago
Jobs in Canada 2023 – Massive Recruitment in Kenya (Apply Here)
Recruitment4 days ago
NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Online Application
Recruitment5 days ago
Nigerian Army Recruitment for SSCE 2023 Application (85 Regular Intake)
Recruitment6 days ago
Sassa R350 Grant status and application process
Recruitment4 days ago
NDLEA Recruitment Portal 2023 Now Working – You can Apply Now
Sport4 days ago
Bet9ja Shop vs. Online Betting: Which is the Better Option for You?
Business5 days ago
Work from Home Business Ideas – Makeover $2,000 from the Comfort of your Home