Applications are open for the NELGA Course on the Political Economy of Land Governance in Africa 2019. The Institute for Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies (PLAAS) is hosting the short course in collaboration with Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST). The short course will be held in Accra, Ghana from August 12-16, 2019.
The course addresses the political economy of land governance to include the pre-colonial and colonial histories; statutory and customary tenure rights; land policy and land law; land administration in rural and urban contexts; land corruption; large scale acquisitions, gender and class; and natural resource access and management. The curriculum addresses the continent as a whole, but each course has a regional focus in which it is offered in.
- The short course is funded by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), through NELGA.
- They have a limited amount of funding available for participants, which covers course fees, travel and accommodation. Interested parties should apply once the call has been released.
- Open to land practitioners and policy makers on the continent who have the responsibilities and expertise on the land governance issues;
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and have at least 3-4 working experience.
- Applicants without a university degree may be considered, if they have 10-15 years’ work experience.
- Open Heaven 3rd March 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (God’s Partner)
- Best 5G Phones in 2021 – Specs, Price, and Best Deals
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Apply for Network Operations Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Just In – Apply for Senior Operations Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Technology23 hours ago
How to Link Your NIN Number with your Sim online, You don’t need to visit any Office
Business7 days ago
UNDP Cash Transfer, Applicants to Get Up to N200,000 Each – FG
Business4 days ago
How to Check if your CBN Covid-19 TCF Loan is Approved
Technology24 hours ago
How to Check If your NIN has been Successfully Linked (All Networks)
Nigeria News7 days ago
NYIF Website Having Issues? Here is an Update to Access your Loan
Grants3 days ago
Apply for CFMC COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant 2021 (Get Up to $5,000 in Cash)
Economy5 days ago
BOI Loan: Apply for BOI Manufacturing Loan 2021 (Get Up to 10 Million)
Health5 days ago
2021: Importance of Folic Acid to Pregnant Women