Registered Nurse at the U.S. Embassy – The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
- How to Apply for Karolinska Institute Global Master’s Scholarships in Sweden, 2022-2023
- How to Apply for GrindStone Accelerator, South Africa $6.5m Graduates Fund
- Main Reason for Npower Payment Status Failed | 2021
- Open Heaven 17th November 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Don’t Aid And Abet Sin)
- Shehu Idris Admission 2021 – 2022 | Institute of Health Sciences & Technology, KASU
Job Title: Registered Nurse – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-113
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0510 9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required.
- The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under MED approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission.
- The incumbent will work in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Medical Provider (MP).
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- The incumbent possesses critical-thinking skills and comprehends MED’s policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations, hospitalizations, and insurance reimbursement methodology.
- Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including vetted specialists and hospitals.
- Is a resource for arranging the best method to transport critically ill patients and maintains a working relationship with transport facilities.
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma / Certificate equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing. Must possess and maintain a valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN10,790,540 (USD47,148) Annually.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online