Welcome to the Application portal for the ALIWA Youth Leadership Program (AYLP) – NIGERIA, a program sponsored by the Public Affairs Section of the United States Embassy, Abuja.
- Apply for FUOYE Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies
- FG Commence N-Knowledge Application 2021 Scheme for youths, How to Apply
- Open Heaven 4th November 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Prayer Of Thanksgiving)
- Types Of Mechanical Engineering Jobs In 2021 With Salary Ranges
- How to Apply for NCS Supplementary Recruitment 2021
About the Program
This partnership between Africa Leadership Initiative West Africa (ALIWA) and the Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy Abuja, seeks to build leadership capacity, promote active citizenship and mobilize grassroot impact by youths at community and state levels in Nigeria.
Targeted at Nigerians between the ages of 20 – 30, the ALIWA Youth Leadership Program (AYLP) – Nigeria is a transformative 9-month leadership development program designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to build their leadership capabilities towards achieving greater societal impact. Participants are challenged to think more critically and deeply about their values and ideas, and those that make the good society. Highly thought-provoking and practical, we expect participants to emerge from this program with new perspectives as they confront the difficult challenges and choices of our country.
How will it run?
The program session is a virtual program designed to run for nine (9) calendar months. Each cohort will convene a dynamic group of participants for lively, intensive roundtable discussions in moderated seminars combined with opportunities to take action.
The program is structured into 3 parts:
An introductory three (3) months with moderated seminars by ALIWA Fellows
A three (3) month break for practical application of learnings and skills. Participants will be supervised and paired with mentors, assigned further readings and also embark on individual or group projects.
A concluding three (3) months of moderated seminars to reinforce the preceding 6 months’ experience and prepare the participants to be lifelong change agents and leaders
Who is eligible?
Young adults (ages between 20 to 30) at the time of nomination
Demonstrated potential for leadership and a personal commitment to serve within their communities
Ability to engage on complex and diverse text
Open to applicants from Nigeria
Be ready to commit the time and effort to the program curriculum
Applicants are to complete and submit this form, along with the following application requirements, latest by 7th November 2021:
1. A recent CV with 2 references
2. A 2-minute video introducing yourself and telling us a challenge/problem in the society ( or in your community within Nigeria) which you are currently addressing, and how this program would support you in addressing those challenges.
3. A written personal statement (maximum 2 pages).
Please send an email with the title “AYLP-NG/PAS” to enquiries@email@example.com if you require further information.
You may now proceed to fill out the form and upload your documents.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply