Types Of Mechanical Engineering Jobs In 2021 With Salary Ranges – Engineering is a broad field of study hence, provides a lot of job opportunities. The broadest of all the disciplines in this field is mechanical engineering. And this means that there are different types of mechanical engineering jobs available.
- How to Apply for NCS Supplementary Recruitment 2021
- Economics Scholarships for International Master Students at UEA, UK
- Can I Convert Airtime to Cash | Best Platform to Convert Your Airtime Into Cash In Nigeria
- Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) Post UTME/DE Screening Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Open Heaven 3rd November 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Victory Over Evil)
However, we advice you to read on to see the different jobs one can get in mechanical engineering and the estimated annual earnings.
What Is Mechanical Engineering?
According to Wikipedia, mechanical engineering is an engineering discipline that combines engineering physics and mathematics principles with materials science to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems.
This field requires an understanding of focus areas such as mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, structural analysis, and electricity.
What Does A Mechanical Engineer Do?
Mechanical engineers are a vital part of our lives. So, here is what their job description looks like.
- Examining problems to see how mechanical and thermal devices might help solve the problem
- Improving and testing prototypes of devices they design
- Analyzing the test results and adjust the design as needed
- Maintaining systems and product database by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Completing projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributing to team effort by fulfilling related results as needed.
Types Of Mechanical Engineering Jobs And Their Salaries
According to BLS, employment of mechanical engineers is predicted to grow by 4 percent in the next ten years, as fast as the average for all occupations.
Mechanical engineers can work in many industries and on many types of projects. As a result, their growth rate will differ from the industries that employ their services.
1. Machinery Manufacturing Engineer
In this sector, you will be expected to manufacture heavy machines like printing machines, laser marking machines, and lots more like that.
Processes involved in this machine manufacture is welding, bending, forming shapes of different pieces of metal.
2. Automation Engineer
Automation engineers design, test, program and maintains the machine or system. They work closely with clients to understand the process or task being automated.
Automation engineers need to stay up to date on safety and health regulations, including sanitation and how close the automated systems will be to people.
The annual salary of this job is $90,024.
3. Controls Engineer
A controls engineer is needed in the automobile industry to design automobiles. Also, they design new ways of using power to improve new products. They equally develop maintenance and testing procedures for components.
More so, their annual salary is $62,098.
4. Research and Development Engineer
Research and development engineers build new manufacturing methods and products. They also improve existing systems to increase productivity, safety, and efficiency. In addition, they build concept designs, test prototypes, and help take new methods and products to market. They always have to be innovative and analytical to recognize problems and find solutions.
The annual average salary for these set of mechanical engineers is about $92,781.
5. Computer And Electronic Product Manufacturing Engineer
These computer and electronic product manufacturing engineers oversee the manufacture of components for computer peripherals and like products.
On the other hand, such components are transformed into other products such as toys, cars, and appliances.
The annual salary is $93,070.