The Delta State School of Marine Technology (DESOMATECH), Burutu, hereby announces to the general public, especially its prospective students, that it has commenced the sale of forms for the following Higher National Diploma (HND) regular and part-time programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session:
DESOMATECH HND Courses and Admission Requirements.
DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Marine Engineering Technology (Available only in Burutu campus)
- Boat and Ship Building Engineering Technology (Available only in Burutu campus)
- Computer Engineering Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Civil Engineering Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Oil and Gas Engineering Technology (Available in all the campuses)
DEPARTMENT OF NAUTICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Nautical Science and Seamanship (Available only in Burutu campus)
- Computer Science (Available in all the campuses)
- Fisheries and Fisheries Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Oceanography (Available in all the campuses)
- Industrial Safety Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Science Laboratory Technology (Available in all the campuses)
- Survey and Geo-informatics (Available in all the campuses)
DEPARTMENT OF MARITIME TRANSPORT AND BUSINESS STUDIES
- Maritime Transport (Available in all the campuses)
- Accounting (Available in all the campuses)
- Business Administration (Available in all the campuses)
- Marketing (Available in all the campuses)
- Public Administration (Available in all the campuses)
- Estate Management (Available in all the campuses)
- Urban and Regional Planning (Available in all the campuses)
Entry requirements for the Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Satisfy all the requirements for admission into the ND programmes as stated above.
- Possess a National Diploma in relevant course(s) from Delta State School of Marine Technology or from a recognized institution with a CGPA of not less than 2.50 (Lower Credit).
- A letter of completion of compulsory industrial training from organizations/firms or evidence of one year work experience
- In exceptional cases, National Diploma with a Pass (2.00-2.49) in the ND may be accepted. Such candidates would undergo a one year Pre-HND programmes to improve themselves.
- All candidates for the Higher National Diploma programmes should request the School they attended in respect of National Diploma to forward their transcripts to DESOMATECH under confidential cover.
Note: Aptitude test is not necessary for applicants intending to undertake the Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes.
How to Apply for Delta State School of Marine Technology (DESOMATECH) HND Admission Form.
(i) Log on to www.dsmt.edu.ng and then click on APPLY NOW before APPLICATION FORM.
(ii) Fill the form to pay a non-refundable application fee of HND: N13,000;
All payments are made through this school portal only
Application form can be purchase only from this school website.
(iii) Kindly fill this form to make payment, after the payment use the email address and password you used to make this payment to access your portal for onward completion of the APPLICATION FORM.
(v)After payment login to the website with the login details you used to purchase this form to update your profile and fill the APPLICATION FORM.
(vi) Print two (2) copies of the online acknowledgement form to conclude the registration.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 28th June, 2019.
Aptitude test holds on Saturday, 6th July, 2019 (10:00am) in any of the center indicated by the candidate in the application form.
Below are centres for Aptitude test.
- Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu, Delta State.
- College of Education, Warri, Delta State.
- Delta State School of Marine Technology, Kwale Campus by Utagba-Ogbe Technical College, Kwale.
- Delta State School of Marine Technology, Gbaregolor Campus
COVID-19: FG commences assessment of States for schools reopening
The Federal Government has commenced stakeholders’ meeting across the six geopolitical zones of the country to review laid down guidelines and protocols for the reopenings of the nation’s educational institutions.
The State Minister for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba made this know in Kano while presiding over the North West School Protocols Guidelines Stakeholders’ meetings.
He said he was in Kano to assess the readiness of the schools vis-a-vis the full maintenance of COVID-19 protocols before going ahead to actualize the dreams of full reopening.
Speaking earlier, the Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje described the Federal Government’s policies and programmes in education as veritable tool to national development.
According to him, the progress recorded and measures taken by the Buhari administration in reopening of schools in the country should be commended.
“I wish to acknowledge the commitment of the Federal Government in the education sector, particularly at this time when schools are about to be reopened,” he said.
The Governor represented by his Deputy, Dr. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna thanked the Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba who paid him a visit in his office.
NEWS: Ebonyi: Umahi visits scene of accident, orders immediate investigation
He said the State Government is committed to prioritizing the education sector in view of its importance, adding that as part of compliance with the COVID-19 protocols for ensuring of safety and protection of the teaching staff and the students, fumigation exercise has been conducted, with PPE’s provided to the schools across the State.
The Governor also explained that recently his administration released the sum of N880 million for the renovation of some schools across the State.
The Minister later praised the efforts of the Kano State Government for its laudable initiatives in promoting education, which he described as worthy of emulation by other States.
University of Ibadan Resumption Date for 200, 300, 400 level students announced
The University of Ibadan (UI) line with the directive of the State Government for all tertiary institutions to resume academic activities after the lockdown due to the spread of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), the College Management has directed that all 300 level and 400 level students are to resume on Monday 14th September 2020 for academic activities.
You are to take note of the following;
- 400 and 300 Level students are resuming on Monday 14th September 2020 for REVISION
- 200 Level students are resuming a week later for REVISION
- 400 and 300 Level students will commence the 2019/2020 academic session first-semester examination on Monday 21st September 2020
- 200 Level students will commence the 2019/2020 academic session first-semester examination on Friday 25th September 2020
- 100 Level students will be on the date of resumption at a later date.
- Students that are resuming are to maintain social distancing at all times
- All students are to appear with their individual face masks before admittance into the College premises
- Students are also advised to make use of Hand Sanitizers at each entry point in the College Premises.
- All Students must come with their identity cards and examination pass to the examination venues
Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment 2020 Application Form Commenced
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment into the Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) for 2020/2021 service period. The Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) is a two-year intervention programme established by the Federal Government in 2006 to assist States in addressing teacher shortage at the basic education level.
ELIGIBILITY FTS Recruitment 2020
Only candidates who fulfill the following conditions need to apply for FTS Recruitment 2020
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014.
- Must have completed or been exempted from the NYSC Scheme.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014, with specialisation in any of the following subjects:
a. English Language
c. Integrated Science
d. Biology, Chemistry and Physics
e. Agricultural Science
f. Home Economics
g. Computer Science
h. Technical/Technology Education
i. Computer Science or Information Technology
j. Nigerian Languages
k. Physical and Health Education
iv) Not more than 35 years of age.
v) Not currently employed or enrolled under the NYSC, N-Power or any similar programme.
The service period is for two (2) years or as may be determined by the Universal Basic Education Commission.
The Federal Government shall pay each participant an allowance of N30,000.00 per month.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR FTS Recruitment 2020
Application Form shall be completed online. Interested candidates who fulfil the above-listed eligibility criteria should visit https://fts.admissions.clouds to complete and submit their application Forms online. Candidates will be required to upload their credentials (as listed on the site) together with their most recent passport photograph.
Federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment 2020 application portal shall be open for two (2) weeks, from 10th – 24th September 2020. There will be no extension.
All enquiries relating to the online application should be directed to: email@example.com and +2347036662931.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a Computer-Based Test as scheduled below:
Date: Saturday, 10th October, 2020
Venue: At designated CBT Centres in each State Capital (Information on this will be provided by the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) and UBEC Zonal and State Offices).
Time: 9.00 am
- Boxing: Nigeria’s Ajagba holds firm, defeats American opponent Rice
- Deezer Premium v188.8.131.52 [Mod-Lite] Apk App Download 2020
- Liverpool striker leaves Anfield for new club ahead of Chelsea clash
- COVID-19: FG commences assessment of States for schools reopening
- #Live – EdoDecides2020: With 4 LG results yet to be announced, Obaseki still leads, INEC resumes remaining collation… Full details
Recruitment6 days ago
300,000 Batch B Enrollee to Get N30,000 July Stipend this Week-Ikem
Nigeria News3 hours ago
#Live – #EdoDecides2020: Obaseki leads as INEC announces LG results… see details
Education6 days ago
University of Ibadan Resumption Date for 200, 300, 400 level students announced
Sport2 hours ago
EPL: Solskjaer reveals why Man Utd lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace
Business3 hours ago
Online Wealth:5 Easy ways to Make lots of Money Online
Nigeria News1 hour ago
#Live – EdoDecides2020: With 4 LG results yet to be announced, Obaseki still leads, INEC resumes remaining collation… Full details
Nigeria News2 hours ago
3 arrested over theft of cars in Adamawa
Nigeria News1 hour ago
Liverpool striker leaves Anfield for new club ahead of Chelsea clash