Princeton University Admission – Princeton University is a private Ivy League university located at Princeton, New Jersey. It was established in 1746. Princeton is known to be the fourth oldest higher institutions in the United States and one of the nine colonial colleges before the revolution of the Americans.
The University offers undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering.
If you wish to apply to this ivy league school, this article will provide you with the admission requirements, application requirements and application process of the university.
Read Also: Apply at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
Princeton University Acceptance Rate
If you want to study at any university, the first thing to consider is the acceptance rate. This tells you how competitive the university is and how crucial their requirements are.
The acceptance rate at Princeton is 6.4%. This means that for every 100 applicants, only 6.4 are admitted.
This implies that the university is extremely selective. Meeting their GPA requirements and SAT/ACT requirements are very important to getting past their first round of filters and proving your academic preparation. If you don’t meet their prospect, your chance of getting in is virtually zero.
After crossing this obstacle, you’ll need to impress Princeton application readers through their other application requirements, including extracurriculars, essays, and letters of recommendation.
Princeton University Admission Requirements
Princeton GPA Requirements
Many universities specify a minimum GPA requirement, but this is often just the bare minimum to submit an application without immediately getting rejected.
The GPA requirement that really matters is the GPA you need for a real chance of getting in. For this, we look at the school’s average GPA for its current students.
The average GPA at Princeton is 3.9. With a GPA of 3.9, Princeton requires you to be at the top of your class. You’ll need nearly straight A’s in all your classes to compete with other applicants.
SAT and ACT Requirements
Each school has different requirements for standardized testing. Most universities require the SAT or ACT, and many also require SAT subject tests. You must take either the SAT or ACT to submit an application to Princeton.
Many universities say they have no SAT score cutoff, but the truth is that there is a hidden SAT requirement. This is based on the school’s average score.
The average SAT score at Princeton is 1500 on the 1600 SAT scale. This score makes Princeton Extremely Competitive for SAT test scores.
Just like for the SAT, Princeton likely doesn’t have a hard ACT cutoff, but if you score too low, your application will get tossed in the trash. The average ACT score at Princeton is 33. This score makes Princeton Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
SAT/ACT Writing Section Requirements
Both the SAT and ACT have a Writing section that includes an essay. Princeton requires you to take the SAT/ACT Writing section. They’ll use this as another factor in their admissions consideration.
The SAT subject test requirements vary according to schools. Usually, selective schools tend to require them, while most schools in the country do not. Princeton has indicated that SAT subject tests are required for admission.
Usually, your SAT/ACT and GPA are far more heavily weighed than your SAT Subject Tests. If you have the choice between improving your SAT/ACT score or your SAT Subject Test scores, absolutely choose to improve your SAT/ACT score.
Princeton Application Requirements
1. Graded Written Paper
3. School report
4. Guidance counselor letter
5. Two (2) teacher recommendations
6. SAT or ACT
7. TOEFL, IELTS Academic or PTE Academic
Princeton University Application Process
You must submit:
1. A Completed Application: You must submit your application online through either the Coalition Application, Common Application or the Universal College Application.
2. Princeton’s Supplement: In addition to the application provided by the Coalition Application, Common Application or Universal College Application, all applicants must submit the Princeton Supplement. You should submit the Princeton Supplement online through the Coalition Application, Common Application or Universal College Application website.
3. Application Fee or Fee Waiver: You may submit a fee waiver one of two ways:
1) Select the fee waiver option on the Coalition Application, Common Application or Universal College Application. Your college or guidance counselor must approve your fee waiver request online or submit your fee waiver form by mail or fax.
2) Select one of the following fee waiver options on the Princeton Supplement: Princeton-specific, ACT, College Board, NACAC or Realize Your College Potential. All low-income students are eligible for the Princeton-specific fee waiver.
In addition, all applicants who are serving or have served in the U.S. military are eligible for the Princeton-specific fee waiver. If you use the Princeton-specific fee waiver, you do not need to get approval from your college counselor or academic adviser. Students named QuestBridge Finalists should select the QuestBridge fee waiver. Learn more about fee waivers on the How to Apply page.
4. Graded Written Paper: A paper you have written, preferably in the subjects of English or history.
5. Other additional documents like transcripts, recommendations, etc.
After submitting your application, you may log in to Princeton’s Applicant Portal to verify whether they have received all your required application materials. You will receive a confirmation notice when we have received your application and another notice when we have received all required supporting materials.
The confirmation notice will arrive approximately 24-48 hours after you submit your admission application. If your application is incomplete, we will let you know which pieces are missing.
- Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2020 Shortlist for Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- CBN COVID-19 Loan: Received Alert but not Credited? (Here is what you should do)
- CBN Covid19 Loan: If you received message that your loan is approved, Read this guide
- CBN Covid-19 Loan Repayment Important Information to Take Note Of (Don’t Say You don’t Know)
- Special Public Works Programme Recruitment 2020
Nigeria News5 days ago
Funding for Continued Payments of Stipend for Batch A&B on Course
Business8 hours ago
CBN COVID-19 Loan: Received Alert but not Credited? (Here is what you should do)
Recruitment3 days ago
Lagos State Begins Massive Recruitment 2020 – See Application
Business10 hours ago
CBN Covid-19 Loan Repayment Important Information to Take Note Of (Don’t Say You don’t Know)
Sport5 days ago
Breaking: Diego Maradona Dies at 60 Following heart attack – Photos
Business5 days ago
MSME Grant Survival Fund Category 2020 Begins – See Application Process
Business9 hours ago
CBN Covid19 Loan: If you received message that your loan is approved, Read this guide
Recruitment4 days ago
Kuwait Army Recruitment 2020, Application Procedure and Requirements