The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), in line Digital Literacy and Skills pillar of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria, commences the Digital Literacy and Skills Programme for States, tagged the Digital States Programme.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- Transforming Nigerian Youths Call for Application 2021
- Apply for Principal Country Programme Officer, COGN at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Have Arrived In Nigeria!
- AfDB signs $400k grant with SEC to strengthen securities market regulation
- NYSC Batch A: Date for Stream II confirmed, Error Printing Green Card Resolved
The Digital States Programme, designed as one of the implementation strategies of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria, is aimed at equipping Nigerian youths with the necessary digital literacy skills that can facilitate Nigeria’s transition to the Digital Economy.
Specific areas of focus for the programme include:
- IT Management of Productivity Tools;
- Understanding Digital Marketing and Basics of Content Creation; and
- 3. Entrepreneurial Skills including Basics of Career Development.
The programme is aimed at training about 540 youths from each state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. It is expected that about 20,000 Nigerians will benefit from the programme. Registration for the first phase of the programme commences on Monday 8′ March, 2021.
The beneficiary states for the first phase are Gombe, Kano, Lagos and Rivers States. Schedule for the subsequent phases will be advertised in due course.
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is a Federal Government Agency under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy.
NITDA was established in April 2001 to implement the Nigerian Information Technology Policy as well as coordinate general IT development and regulation in the country.
Specifically, Section 6(a, b, c & m) of the NITDA Act, 2007 mandates NITDA to create a framework for the planning, research, development, standardization, application, coordination, monitoring, evaluation, and regulation of Information Technology practices, activities and systems in Nigeria; provide guidelines to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of appropriate infrastructure for information technology and systems application and development in Nigeria for public and private sectors, urban-rural development, the economy, and the government; and accelerate internet and intranet penetration in Nigeria and promote sound internet Governance by giving effect to the Second Schedule of the Act.
The only official website to apply is https://academy.nitda.gov.ng/public/digital-skills
- Open Heaven 4th August 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Arise And Shine)
- University of Helsinki International Scholarship (Finland) 2021-2022
- Open Heaven 3rd August 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Perfect Obedience)
- Polaris Bank Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (Entry-level)
- Npower News: August and Npower Nexit package
Opportunities4 days ago
US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021 Application – How to Register
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 31st July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (What Are Your Priorities)
Nigeria News5 days ago
Submission Of Unbanked Of AFJP Farmers Account Number Still Ongoing
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 30th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Marks Of The Lord Jesus)
Scholarship5 days ago
Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship for Nigerians 2021
Nigeria News5 days ago
Apply for Fan Milk Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 29th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Need For Bodily Exercise)
Education5 days ago
King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session