The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), in line Digital Literacy and Skills pillar of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria, commences the Digital Literacy and Skills Programme for States, tagged the Digital States Programme.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- Transforming Nigerian Youths Call for Application 2021
- Apply for Principal Country Programme Officer, COGN at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Have Arrived In Nigeria!
- AfDB signs $400k grant with SEC to strengthen securities market regulation
- NYSC Batch A: Date for Stream II confirmed, Error Printing Green Card Resolved
The Digital States Programme, designed as one of the implementation strategies of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria, is aimed at equipping Nigerian youths with the necessary digital literacy skills that can facilitate Nigeria’s transition to the Digital Economy.
Specific areas of focus for the programme include:
- IT Management of Productivity Tools;
- Understanding Digital Marketing and Basics of Content Creation; and
- 3. Entrepreneurial Skills including Basics of Career Development.
The programme is aimed at training about 540 youths from each state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. It is expected that about 20,000 Nigerians will benefit from the programme. Registration for the first phase of the programme commences on Monday 8′ March, 2021.
The beneficiary states for the first phase are Gombe, Kano, Lagos and Rivers States. Schedule for the subsequent phases will be advertised in due course.
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is a Federal Government Agency under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy.
NITDA was established in April 2001 to implement the Nigerian Information Technology Policy as well as coordinate general IT development and regulation in the country.
Specifically, Section 6(a, b, c & m) of the NITDA Act, 2007 mandates NITDA to create a framework for the planning, research, development, standardization, application, coordination, monitoring, evaluation, and regulation of Information Technology practices, activities and systems in Nigeria; provide guidelines to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of appropriate infrastructure for information technology and systems application and development in Nigeria for public and private sectors, urban-rural development, the economy, and the government; and accelerate internet and intranet penetration in Nigeria and promote sound internet Governance by giving effect to the Second Schedule of the Act.
The only official website to apply is https://academy.nitda.gov.ng/public/digital-skills
- Open Heaven 20th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessing From Above)
- NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
- Open Heaven 19th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Children’s Meat)
- Open Heaven 18th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Contact)
- Open Heaven 17th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Substituted)
Recruitment6 days ago
How to Check your Name for N-Power Deployment 2021 | Process to Follow for Successful Applicant
Recruitment7 days ago
Nigerian Custom Service Shortlist Names 2021/2022
business7 days ago
How to Apply for WEMA Bank Overseas Study advisory and Loan
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 15th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Favour: What It Does)
Education6 days ago
University of Calabar (UNICAL) have allegedly asked Final Year Students to go back to 200-level
Grants4 days ago
Are you a young Nigerian who wants to access up to 5 million Grant to finance your small business?
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 14th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (In His Presence)
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 16th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Intervention)