Apply for Arthritis Grant Application 2022 -23 (For African Students)
Arthritis Grant Application 2022 is currently open for interested applicants. Be sure to review requirements and policies before applying on ProposalCentral. Applications are due January 17th, 2022.
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic (AKWAIBOMPOLY) HND Admission List for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Open Heaven 20th November 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Wise Wives Build Their Homes)
- University of Southern California (USC) Acceptance Rate in 022
- Chevening Scholarships for Rwandan Students 2022
- University of Warwick Albukhary Undergraduate Scholarship | Apply Now
The Arthritis National Research Foundation provides a variety of arthritis research grants for research scientists and researchers working on arthritis and related autoimmune diseases. Grants funded include, but are not limited to a focus on:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Uveitis (shown in relationship to autoimmune forms of arthritis)
How to Apply for Arthritis Grant Application 2022
The Grant Application Requirements details are available online. Click the text or the link below. A standard cover sheet and budget page are required and provided in this section of the site. You will also be asked to set up an account so that your completed application may also be uploaded to our secure online system.
The Arthritis National Research Foundation is committed to discovery and innovation in the search for effective therapies and lasting cures for Arthritis and related Autoimmune Diseases.
Arthritis Grant Application 2022 Grant Policies
- The Scientific Advisory Board and the Board of Directors review grant proposals annually.
- Clinical and basic studies will be considered. Clinical studies should have a translational component that helps reveal the underlying mechanisms or response to therapy.
- Investigators must possess either a M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree or equivalent, affiliated with a qualified, U.S. non-profit institution.
- Preference will be given to senior post-doctoral investigators transitioning to independent investigator status and new assistant professors.
- Applicants may not have (or ever had) an NIH R01 grant or equivalent. (“Or equivalent” is defined as receipt of an NIH K08 grant plus other support totaling more than $250,000 per year.) Please do not apply if you’ve had an NIH R01 or equivalent support.
- Grants are awarded for one year. First-year recipients may submit a second-year application during the year of their award. See guidelines for details.
- Grants are awarded up to $100,000. Partial funding may be awarded if grantee has documentation that the remainder of the funding for proposed research has been acquired.
- Salaries, supplies and equipment directly related to the proposed study are included in funding. Overhead or indirect costs will not be funded.
- 10-20 grants funded routinely per year.
- Additional administrative review may be rendered to determine priority for funding when multiple proposals are received from a single laboratory, Division or Department.
- Applicants need not be U.S. citizens; however, all work must be done at a qualified U.S. nonprofit research institution.
*Applications not in strict compliance with stated policies and guidelines will be subject to administrative inactivation.
Cover Sheets for Arthritis Grant Application
Be sure to complete the cover sheet for the grant for which you are applying.
- All Arthritis Grants
- The Psoriatic Arthritis Grant
Budget Page for Arthritis Grant Application
- ANRF will fund salaries, supplies, equipment and justified travel to scientific meetings directly related to the proposed studies.
- Overhead, indirect costs and post-doctoral researchers “to be named” will not be funded.
- Senior personnel (Associate professor level or above) will not be funded.
Additional Details for Arthritis Grant Application
- Where applicable, include Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval for the use of human subjects or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) approval for the use of animal subjects in the proposed study. Approval can be pending at time of submission but must be approved prior to funding.
- Margins should not be less than 1 inch. Font size not less than 11-point Arial. No less than standard single-spaced lines.
Body of Your Proposal for the Arthritis Grant Application
- The scientific content (body) of the proposal may not exceed 6 pages and should contain:
- Specific Aims – Specific goals of the research project including relevance to arthritis and autoimmune diseases (one page recommended).
- Experimental Design – How will the hypothesis be tested? Include relevant methods, statistical analysis, all figures and tables.
- Project Timeline.
Additional items which MUST be included in the proposal:
(Separate from the 6-page scientific content limit)
- References – complete reference with title of article.
- Biographical sketch – Use five-page NIH Biosketch format.
- Career Development Plan – Your future plans in 350 words or less. Include a brief history of your association with the research institution, background leading to development of this project, etc.
- Current and Pending Support.
- A letter of support from your institution and/or mentor indicating their knowledge of and support for your proposed project.
Grant Terms for Arthritis Grant Application 2022
- All Arthritis Grants (Funded by ANRF)
- June 1 through May 31
- Psoriatic Arthritis Research Grant (Co-funded by ANRF & NPF)
- July 1 through June 30
Applicants will be notified of the grant review results by the end of April.
Application for a Second-Year Grant Award
- If applying for second year funding, complete the additional questions as part of your mid-year Progress Report through ProposalCentral.
- Second-year funding is awarded on a competitive basis with all other applications. Receipt of a year-one award does not guarantee a second year of support.
- Use the provided form in ProposalCentral to delineate progress made since receiving the ANRF grant, include your Hypothesis and Specific Aims for the second year.
- If there have been any changes since your original application, provide an explanation.
- Include any publications or presentations resulting from the work done thus far.
- Outline any pending support.
Visit the Application Page
Nigeria News2 days ago
2023 JAMB Examination Slip Re-Printing Procedure
Education1 day ago
How to Print the 2023 JAMB Mock Examination Slip
Education4 days ago
WAEC EduStat: Login, Registration & Review
Nigeria News3 days ago
Madass Careers Without A Degree In 2023
Education3 days ago
NDA Exam Selection Date and Venue Announced