MTN/MUSON Music Scholarship: MTN/MUSON Music scholars program 2021-2022 is ongoing!
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with MTN Foundation announces the call for entry for the sixteenth set of the MTN/MUSON Diploma Course in Music for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- NIRSAL: Important Notice to TCF Applicants on Delay in disbursement
- How To Open Docx File – Best Methods to Open Docx File In 2021
- Apply for Mama Cash Grants 2021 (Get Up to $2,000 Funding for your Business)
- Newcredit Loan App 2021 [How To Apply]
- UNILAG Part-Time (DLI) Admission Form 2021 / 2022 Session Commenced
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this program- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
About the Program
The MUSON School of Music was established in 1989 to offer basic music training for children and adults interested in learning how to sing or play any musical instrument. In 2002 the School received the Nigerian Federal Government’s accreditation to award Diplomas in Music which can be equated with those awarded by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in the United Kingdom.
This led to the setting up of the two-year MUSON Diploma School in 2006.
MTN/MUSON Music scholars program- Requirements
The examinations will take place from September 6th – September 8th, 2021 and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty or jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
NOTE: Applicants who possess the above Practical or Theory certificates must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the Faculty/Jury may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
The application form to be filled is available below.
Applicants are to submit completed forms and attach passport photograph scanned to – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should reach,
MUSON School of Music,
8/9, Marina, Onikan,
MTN/MUSON Music scholars program- Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship application is August 23rd, 2021.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be notified by August 30, 2021, and given an examination number that permits them to take examinations, auditions, and interviews. Successful candidates from the examinations will be invited for admission.