The Gold Medal Prize was instituted by the Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) in 2016, to be awarded to deserving Nigerian scientists who have made significant achievements in the science of national relevance and global resonance.
- CBN/NIRSAL reopens portal for MSMEs to apply for Covid-19 loan
- Open Heaven 3rd June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Holiness: Heaven’s Passport)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) Hostel Vacation Notice to Concerned Students
- Emirates College of Health Sciences and Technology (ECOHSAT) Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Reason Some Are Yet to Be Shortlisted For Npower Batch C Verification
The award is made annually, alternating between the Life and Physical Sciences, and consist of a Medal, a Certificate and a Purse.
The 2021 award will be made in the Life Sciences.
Nigerian Academy of Science Gold Medal Prize Nomination Guidelines
- The award is open to all Nigerian citizens within or outside the country (other than Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Science);
- Any Nigerian citizen, including Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Science, may nominate candidates;
- Each nomination must be made by at least two persons, one of whom is identified as the corresponding nominator whose biodata must accompany the nomination;
- Nominations shall be made strictly according to the nomination format prescribed below, submitting only one nomination form per person (the nomination format may be downloaded from NAS website)
- In addition to submitting the completed nomination form signed by the candidate and nominators, nominations must be accompanied by:
- A two-page curriculum vitae of nominee
- A complete list of candidate’s main publications
- Copies of 10 of the most important publications
- The prize is open to be awarded to a single individual or as a joint prize arising from the work of more than one person in the same fields of life sciences.
Selection Criteria for Nigerian Academy of Science Gold Medal Prize
Selection will be guided by the following criteria:
- Candidates must have received a doctoral degree or its equivalent
- Active involvement in the field of research in the Life Sciences
- Scientific excellence demonstrated through published works, patents, innovations, intellectual property rights of merit;
- Upright morality;
- Contribution to excellence in basic/fundamental or applied research, for work done predominantly in Nigeria with international resonance and potential applicability to the global community;
- Outstanding, original, groundbreaking achievements, widely accepted to contribute to the promotion and improvement of the human condition through the application of science.
How to Nominate for Nigerian Academy of Science Gold Medal Prize
Interested and qualified candidates should download, fill and send their Nomination Form with the necessary documents listed below in PDF format to: email@example.com using “Entry for NAS Gold Medal Prize 2021” as the subject of the email.
Checklist of Submissions
- Completed and signed nomination form
- Curriculum vitae of candidate (2 pages maximum)
- Copies of 10 most important publications
- Complete list of candidate’s publications
- Brief biodata of the corresponding nominator
Important Information and Notice
- Paper nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination is not considered fully submitted until the corresponding nominator receives a confirmation e-mail from NAS; confirmation will be sent within 5 business days of receiving a nomination.
- Nominations must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than the 25th of July, 2021.
- The public announcement of a winner or winners will be made in October 2021, and the prize-giving ceremony will take place in January 2022.
- Apply For: Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021 grants
- Katsina State College of Nursing and Midwifery (CONAMKAT) Community Nursing Programme Admission Form 2021
- Open Heaven 16th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Sin Of Covetousness)
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) Pre-Degree/IJMB School Fees for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Professional Tailor at Westingate Group – Apply Now
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 10th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessed Fruitfulness)
Npower6 days ago
N-Power: FG shortlists 550,000 Batch C applicants for final stage
Nigeria News7 days ago
How to Gain Admission to Study Abroad – See Steps
Nigeria News7 days ago
Update: Npower Batch C Stream 2 Commencement Date…
Scholarship6 days ago
TY Danjuma Scholarship 2021/2022 for Africans to Study in Leading Business Schools
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 11th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Let There Be Order)
Education5 days ago
JAMB considers conduct of a 2nd UTME for 2021 candidates with registration issues
business5 days ago
CBN Nirsal Covid19 Loan 2021 Approval Begins – If you applied for House Hold, Check here