US Diversity Visa Lottery 2022 Application – How to Register
US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021 has started, interested applicants are to take note of the following guidelines and procedures on how to apply for the DV-2021 program.
The Diversity Visa Lottery Program is a scheme that is provided to enable not more than 55,0000 applicants each year to acquire the right to own the United States Visa. This mostly comes from countries with a low rate of immigration to the United States.
This article contains all the information you need to successfully apply for the DV-2021 program as published by the US State Department.
- Open Heaven 31st July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (What Are Your Priorities)
- Submission Of Unbanked Of AFJP Farmers Account Number Still Ongoing
- Nasarawa State College of Health Science & Technology Keffi (NASCOHST) Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Olusegun Agagu Foundation Full Scholarships Scheme 2021
- Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship for Nigerians 2021
It is, however, important to know that the application is submitted electronically only, with no entry on pen-on-paper, and must be thoroughly completed within the stipulated time given. This is to ensure that there are no fraudulent activities.
Similarly, you also need to be aware that the US state department has sophisticated technology for detecting multiple entries, this simply means you should not submit more than one entry as this leads to automatic disqualification.
Applicants who are selected in the program (selectees) must meet simple but strict eligibility
requirements to qualify for a US Diversity Visa Lottery Program. The Department of State determines selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.
For DV-2022, persons born in the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (including Hong Kong SAR), Colombia, Dominican
Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan,
Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent
territories, and Vietnam.
Persons born in Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible.
US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021 Eligibility
- Natives of countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States may be eligible to enter. If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United
States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Are you a native of a country that does not have historically low rates of immigration to the United States, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2022 program.
Each US Diversity Visa Lottery applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
- At least a high school education or it’s equivalent defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- Two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
Relevant Information that Must be submitted for the US Diversity Visa Lottery Program 2021
Failure to accurately include all the required below information will make you ineligible for a DV-2021 program.
- Name – last/family name, first name, middle name – exactly as it appears on your passport. If you
have only one name, it must be entered in the last/family name field.
- Gender – male or female.
- Birth date – day, month, year and City where you were born.
- Country where you were born – Use the name of the country currently used for the place where
you were born.
- Country of eligibility for the DV program
- The passport number, country of issuance, and expiration date for your valid, unexpired international travel passport.
- Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs (taken within the last six months).
- Mailing Address, and Country where you live and Phone Number
- Marital Status and Number of Children
- Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today: (1) Primary school only, (2) Some high school, no diploma, (3) High school diploma, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses, (6) University degree, (7) Some graduate-level courses, (8) Master’s degree, (9) Some doctorallevel courses, or (10) Doctorate.
Selection Process and timeline
Based on the allocations of available visas in each region and country, the Department of State will randomly select individuals by computer from among qualified entries. All DV-2022 entrants must go to the Entrant Status Check using the unique confirmation number saved from their DV-2022 online entry registration to find out whether their entry has been selected in the DV program.
- Entrant Status Check for the US Diversity Visa Lottery Program will be available on the E-DV website at dvprogram.state.gov beginning May 8, 2021, through at least September 30, 2022.
- If your entry is selected, you will be directed to a confirmation page providing further instructions, including information about fees connected with immigration to the United States.
- Entrant Status Check will be the ONLY means by which the Department of State notifies selectees of their selection for DV2022. The Department of State will not mail notification letters or notify selectees by email. U.S. embassies and consulates will not provide a list of selectees.
- Individuals who have not been selected also ONLY will be notified through Entrant Status Check. You are strongly encouraged to access Entrant Status Check yourself.
- Do not rely on someone else to check and inform you. In order to immigrate, DV selectees must be admissible to the United States.
- The DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application, electronically, and the consular officer, in person, will ask you questions about your eligibility to immigrate under U.S. law. These questions include criminal and security-related topics.
- All selectees, including family members, must be issued US diversity visa lottery program Visa by September 30, 2022. Under no
circumstances can the Department of State issue DVs nor can USCIS approve adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date.
How to Apply for US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021
Follow the steps below to apply for the US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021
- Go to the official website via https://dvlottery.state.gov/
- Click on the “Apply Now” Button (Available soon)
- Completed the registration form and submit or necessary documents
- Click submit and wait for selection
For more information regarding the US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021, kindly visit the details instruction page or send a mail to email@example.com for one-on-one guidelines.
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
Nigeria News22 mins ago
Apply for CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP) 2023
Technology13 mins ago
Steps on How to Withdraw Money in ATM without being Debited
Business16 mins ago
How to Access New CBN’s Agric Loan (Limit of N10 Million)
Nigeria News2 days ago
2023 JAMB Examination Slip Re-Printing Procedure
Education1 day ago
How to Print the 2023 JAMB Mock Examination Slip
Education4 days ago
WAEC EduStat: Login, Registration & Review
Nigeria News3 days ago
Madass Careers Without A Degree In 2023
Education3 days ago
NDA Exam Selection Date and Venue Announced
Friday, 21 January 2022, 5:44 at 5:44 am