In recognition of Alberta’s centennial and the contributions and experiences of our diverse population, the Minister of Alberta Community Development established the Alberta Award for the Study of Canadian Human Rights and Multiculturalism.
- Open Heaven 3rd December 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Only Source Of Help)
- Apply For FG, Konga Youth Empowerment Programme 2021-2022
- How to Apply for FG, Konga Youth Empowerment Programme 2021/2022
- Flour Mills Nigeria Plc Recruitment Portal 2021 | Apply Now
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship 2022/2023 | Apply Now
To encourage graduate studies that will create value for Albertans by promoting informed thinking about Canadian human rights, cultural diversity, and multiculturalism. To support the pursuit of studies in Canadian human rights, cultural diversity, and multiculturalism and build capacity to undertake human rights or multicultural work in Canada.
- Masters Level – $10,000
- Doctoral Level – $15,000
Applicants must be:
- a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- enrolled as a full-time graduate student (Master’s or Doctoral level) at an Alberta public post-secondary institution,
- enrolled in a program of study that supports the purpose of the scholarship, and
- planning to do research that is within a Canadian context and will ultimately benefit Albertans.
Note: The scholarship is only open to students pursuing graduate studies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following:
- a completed application form,
- an official post-secondary transcript,
- an essay, and
- a curriculum vitae.
The essay is the most important component of the application and has the greatest impact on the selection process. Please feel free to consult with your academic adviser.
January 15, 2022
Recipients will be selected on the basis of the applicant’s information as provided on the application form, post-secondary transcript, essay, and curriculum vitae.
Successful applicants will receive their award after Alberta Student Aid confirms their enrollment in graduate studies. Many other scholarships and awards are offered by other organizations – and we encourage you to visit Alberta’s university and college websites to research the scholarships that they offer.