Apply for Generation Google Scholarship: For Women In Computer Science
Apply for the Generation Google Scholarship is ongoing! This Scholarship is for women in computer science. It was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022-2023 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background.
- Open Heaven 29th October 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Timely And Cheerful Giving)
- How to Apply for NYSC Business Loan – 2021
- FATE Foundation Aspiring Entrepreneurs Digital Programme 2021
- How to Pass the NPF 2020 Recruitment CBT Exam
- Open Heaven 28th October 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Yoke Of Jesus)
The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who can apply for the Generation Google Scholarship?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Generation Google Scholarship- Application process
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
The five short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your computer science experience, demonstrated leadership, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the five questions below should be 300 words or less.
- How did you become interested in computer science, and what are your goals or aspirations when you think about pursuing a degree in this field? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
- Please describe the most significant computer science project or research you have worked on, how you approached key technical challenges, and what you gained from the experience. It might have been a class assignment, a research project or work as an intern. If the project was team-based, specify your individual role and contributions in the project. Treat this essay as a technical report or research paper. Feel free to use tables, references, or figures.
- Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain how you were influential, what you were trying to achieve, and the impact you had as a result. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your university, or your broader community.
- What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the field of technology face and how do you see yourself as being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would receive this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
The Deadline to apply for the Generation Google Scholarship is Friday, December 10, 2021, at 11:59 PM GMT
Terms and conditions
The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science is open to qualified students who meet the eligibility criteria. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply. The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.
Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2022-2023 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
Technology4 days ago
Make Free Call While the Receiver Pays on MTN – Dial this Code Before Calling
Technology4 days ago
Get 900MB FREE on MTN (Please Follow Instructions Carefully)
Nigeria News4 days ago
Apply for CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP) 2023
Technology4 days ago
Steps on How to Withdraw Money in ATM without being Debited
Recruitment4 days ago
NPC Reopen Portal for Recruitment 2023
Business4 days ago
How to Access New CBN’s Agric Loan (Limit of N10 Million)
Nigeria News6 days ago
2023 JAMB Examination Slip Re-Printing Procedure
Education5 days ago
How to Print the 2023 JAMB Mock Examination Slip