The National Economic Development Initiative (NEDI) is a non-profit organization that works to promote economic growth and development in communities throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We are dedicated to providing support and resources to local businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals who are interested in growing their businesses and creating jobs.
- The Difference Between Last Traded, Mark, and Index Prices In The Cryptocurrency Market
- Ashden Award 2023 Application – Get Up to £25,000 in Grant
- Delta State Scholarship Application 2023 Now Open for Undergraduate Students
- Names of Shortlisted Candidates for Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) For Final Screening
- Just IN: National Population Commission Selection List 2023 Released
We provide a wide range of services, such as business consulting, financing, technical assistance, and other resources, to help people succeed in their business endeavors.The initiative seeks to attract investments and create an environment conducive to economic growth. NEDI was launched in 2011 and aims to provide a comprehensive framework for the development of the Nigerian economy.
About NEDI Skills Project 2023
The NEDI Skills Project is an initiative intended to encourage the availability of work force with the technical skills needed by the industries toward building progressive economy. Despite the efforts of the Federal Government of Nigeria and other agencies, it has become clearly evident that government alone will not achieve the desired results in view of the youth bulge, swelling number of out of school children, poverty and soaring employment that have recently manifested in the form of banditry, separatist agitations, cyber-crimes or yahoo plus and other social vices.
It was against this backdrop that the NEDI entered into collaboration with organized private sectors for the establishment of NEDI Skills Project whose overriding objective is to promote the training and development of technically skilled manpower with appropriate technical and vocational skills to meet the identified needs of the public and private sectors of the Nigerian economy.
It’s an undisputable fact that technical skills are integral to the growth of all societies. It is for this reason that nations across the globe invest extensively in equipping their citizenry with requisite and contemporary skills in order to propel growth and address other socio-political challenges of their societies.
Nations that have been able to expeditiously and in a timely fashion address skills gaps by providing their human capital with the required skills enjoy accelerated economic growth, consistent foreign direct investment inflows and are able stem unemployment, poverty and their associated effects or keep them at manageable levels. On the other hand, societies that have neglected skills development witness stunted economic growth, low industrial development and other concomitant problems. Cognizant of its importance, the NEDI set up policies to deliver technical skills. It was at this time that the NEDI SKILLS PROJECT and other programs were formed, even as diverse efforts were invested in getting as many Nigerians as possible to acquire life skills.
The development of skills can contribute to structural transformation and economic growth by enhancing employability and labor productivity and helping country to become more competitive. Investment in a high-quality workforce can create a virtuous cycle, where relevant and quality skills enable productivity growth and foreign direct investment, which result in more and better jobs for the current workforce and more public and private investment in the education and training system. This, in turn, increases the employability and productivity for both the current and future workforce.
The NEDI SKILLS PROJECT is a six to twelve weeks training tailored in order to boost capacity building on technical skills areas to the teeming youth, the training is freely and therefore trainees need to arrange for the subscription of their data during the training.
NEDI Skills Project Objective:
To promote technical and vocational skills development to meet the industrial needs for economic growth and development.
Why NEDI Skills Project?
1. At the end of the capacity-building training, the beneficiaries will earn an internationally recognized certificate.
2. At the completion of the training, beneficiaries will have increased career opportunities and potential for advancement.
3. The project also facilitates collaboration, providing the beneficiaries with an opportunity to strengthen and grow a multi-generational network of enterpreneurs and mentors.
4. Beneficiaries will enjoy free tuition fees during the course of their training.
5. Successful beneficiaries will enjoy a stipend throughout the duration of their training, subject to availability.
Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 35 years and are required to possess any one of the following qualifications:
– Secondary School Certificate Examination (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or NBAIS)
– Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE)
– Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
– Higher National Diploma (HND)
– Bachelor Degree
The duration of the training programs range from Six (6) to 12 Weeks depending on the trade areas.
Method of Application:
Any interested applicants should apply online through the approved website of NEDI. No application will be entertained through email or physical submission.
- US: Apply for SARE Grant programs 2023 to fund farmers, educators and researchers
- TheoBarth Global Foundation Grant 2023 Begins Disbursement update today
- How to apply for Joe Biden’s student loan relief 2023
- Nirsal Opens New Application Portal For Its AGSMEIS Loan 2023
- Okash Loan App Review – How to Download
- Grants3 days ago
TheoBarth Global Foundation Grant 2023 Begins Disbursement update today
- Business3 days ago
Nirsal Opens New Application Portal For Its AGSMEIS Loan 2023
- Business3 days ago
How to apply for Joe Biden’s student loan relief 2023
- Business3 days ago
Okash Loan App Review – How to Download
- Grants3 days ago
US: Apply for SARE Grant programs 2023 to fund farmers, educators and researchers
- Grants4 days ago
Top 10 Ongoing Grants in Nigeria to apply
- Nigeria News4 days ago
How To Apply for Renewed Hope Job Creation Programme (RHJCP)
- Education4 days ago
NDA Application Form 2024/2025 – 76th Regular Course Admission