A youthful population like Nigeria requires accurate information on characteristics like the age and sex of the population and how they are distributed spatially. This is the basis of policy and planning for education, employment and health systems.
- Open Heaven 6th May RCCG Daily Devotional (Contact With The Miraculous.)
- Nigeria Government Relations and Security Coordinator at One Acre Fund – Apply Now
- Apply for USAID/Nigeria COVID-19 Food Security Challenge
- JAMB 2021 UTME/DE Registration Closing Date – Check Now.
- Open Heaven 4th May RCCG Daily Devotional (Give And It Shall Be Given To You.)
The Federal Government has been asked by the House of Representatives to immediately halt plans of conducting a national census in view of the rising cases of insecurity.
The advice was given after the Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC) was asked to brief the House on the planned exercise.
Sponsor of the motion of urgent public importance, Rep Shehu Beji Barwa told his colleagues if the exercise is allowed to go ahead, a lot of Nigerians will be denied the opportunity of being counted having been displaced by insurgency and insecurity across the land.