XLSX files are the standard extension for the modern Microsoft Excel spreadsheet files. They are a zip-compressed XML spreadsheet file used to analyze and organize data. They contain numerical data separated by rows and columns within a cell. It is a modern, updated version of the original Excel file format. Here, in this article you will learn how to open an XLSX file with Microsoft Excel.
- Open Heaven 5th March 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Prayer Of Agreement)
- Apply for Fitter / Dimensional Control at Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited
- How To Migrate To Airtel Smart Connect
- How Much Is Infinix Note 8 In Nigeria
- Apply for Executive Chef at Laim Hotel, Osogbo
Difference Between XLSX And XLS Document File?
The XLS is an Excel spreadsheet file used by earlier versions of the Microsoft software Excel. After 2006, the Excel program began saving the files as an XLSX extension, which remains the current state of saved Excel files. The XLS is still accessible by all systems capable of accessing XLSX. Furthermore, older computers and software systems may still use the XLS if they’re using outdated operating systems.
Opening XLSX files with Excel
The most simplest and easiest way to open a file with the XLSX extension is to use a relatively recent version of Microsoft Excel. You will have no trouble opening files in the XLSX format if you use version2007 or higher.
1. Double click on the XLSX file: The first step to open XLSX files in Excel, simply double click on the file. If you have a compatible version of Excel installed on your computer (i.e. 2007 or higher), the file will automatically open.
2. Drag and drop the XLSX file onto an Excel window to open it: If Excel is already open, you can use your mouse to drag the XLSX file onto the open spreadsheet. To do so, click on the XLSX file, keep the mouse button held down, drag the file onto the open Excel spreadsheet and then release the button. This will also open the XLSX file.
3. “Open with” – open the XLSX file in Excel using the right-click menu: Finally, you right click on the file to select “open with”. If the XLSX file does not automatically open in Excel despite there being a compatible version of Excel installed on your computer, the pop-up menu can help. Use your mouse to right-click on the XLSX file and select the “Open with” option. A window will open recommending programs that could open the file. From there, click on Excel and the software will open the file. If you do not see Excel on the list, you probably have not installed it.
- Open Heaven 20th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessing From Above)
- NMFB Begins Approval of Loans to 2021 Applicants | Here is How to Check
- Open Heaven 19th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Children’s Meat)
- Open Heaven 18th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Contact)
- Open Heaven 17th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Substituted)
Recruitment6 days ago
How to Check your Name for N-Power Deployment 2021 | Process to Follow for Successful Applicant
Recruitment7 days ago
Nigerian Custom Service Shortlist Names 2021/2022
business7 days ago
How to Apply for WEMA Bank Overseas Study advisory and Loan
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 15th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Favour: What It Does)
Education5 days ago
University of Calabar (UNICAL) have allegedly asked Final Year Students to go back to 200-level
Grants4 days ago
Are you a young Nigerian who wants to access up to 5 million Grant to finance your small business?
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 14th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (In His Presence)
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 16th April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Divine Intervention)