Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 April Form Portal – How to Apply
- Open Heaven 1st April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Meal That Reminds!)
- Navy Shortlisted Names 2021 Check NAF Shortlisted Names PDF List Here
- How to Apply for Bartender at Marriott International
- Apply for CMR and Logistics Officer at the British Council
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Customer Risk Management, EMEA
Job Ref.: R-122401
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Treasury team is looking for a Risk Manager, based in Lagos, to manage its credit risk primarily across the MEA region, with possible support to the European region.
- The primary responsibility of the Risk Manager is to ensure customer risk is appropriately identified, monitored and managed in accordance with Mastercard’s policies & procedures, and risk appetite framework.
- The role also involves partnering with our Corporate Treasury and Settlement Operations teams to assist in the growth of Mastercard’s settlement footprint throughout the region. In addition, the incumbent of the role will work as needed with the Regulatory Affairs team in engaging with central banks and other regulators within the region.
- Act as the point of contact for CRM related matters pertaining to countries assigned.
- Prepare underwriting proposals, carry out detailed analysis of new and existing Financial Institutions and Non Banking customers of Mastercard across the EMEA region, present them effectively to senior management as and when required;
- Responsible for monitoring settlement failures and ensure any failures are actioned in a timely manner;
- Negotiate collateral and / or other risk mitigants with both account managers and customers.
- Provide technical and analytical support for process improvement initiatives, including identification of best practices and ensuring successful implementation;
- Contribute to external / internal CRM reporting (SEC filing, audit committee, ad hoc requests);
- Partnering with other risk managers to ensure 24×7 global customer risk exposure monitoring, participating in decision making process when critical action needs to be taken;
- Enable and train first line of defense on customer risk management procedures and processes;
- Coordinating application process of new customers to ensure timely customer onboarding as well as review of DDM (defered delivery merchant) consent applications.
All About You
- Postgraduate degree in Business, Economics, Econometrics (or equivalent) and 5 years of experience in credit risk assessment and financial statements analysis OR Graduate with at least 10 years of experience in credit risk assessment and financial statements analysis;
- Knowledge of Nigerian banking sector and the payment regulation landscape are a strong plus;
- Risk mindset: ability to think outside the box and identify potential sources of risk;
- Problem solving: ability to develop innovative solutions to manage/ address credit risk;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, including at the very senior management levels;
- Crisis management: ability to work through a crisis, make tough recommendations with imperfect information;
- Positive attitude, strong work-ethic and good sense of humor;
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills; French and/or Arabic is a plus;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user;
- Prior experience in advanced analytics is a plus, including programming languages (R, Phyton, SQL)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Technology2 days ago
Make Free Call While the Receiver Pays on MTN – Dial this Code Before Calling
Technology2 days ago
Get 900MB FREE on MTN (Please Follow Instructions Carefully)
Education1 day ago
Jamb Portal 2023 – eFacility Portal Login
Entertainment1 day ago
Netnaija Movies 2023: Download Movies, Series and more
Education7 hours ago
JAMB Reprint 2023 – Check Date, Venue and Time
Technology1 day ago
Top PHP Frameworks for Agile Application Development in 2023
Technology2 days ago
Starlink Nigeria – Specs, Data Plan & How to Buy 2023
Scholarship2 days ago
Apply for Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2023 for Foreign Students