Use the Search Button below for more details.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 April Form Portal – How to Apply
- Open Heaven 1st April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Meal That Reminds!)
- Navy Shortlisted Names 2021 Check NAF Shortlisted Names PDF List Here
- How to Apply for Bartender at Marriott International
- Apply for CMR and Logistics Officer at the British Council
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Customer Risk Management, EMEA
Job Ref.: R-122401
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Treasury team is looking for a Risk Manager, based in Lagos, to manage its credit risk primarily across the MEA region, with possible support to the European region.
- The primary responsibility of the Risk Manager is to ensure customer risk is appropriately identified, monitored and managed in accordance with Mastercard’s policies & procedures, and risk appetite framework.
- The role also involves partnering with our Corporate Treasury and Settlement Operations teams to assist in the growth of Mastercard’s settlement footprint throughout the region. In addition, the incumbent of the role will work as needed with the Regulatory Affairs team in engaging with central banks and other regulators within the region.
- Act as the point of contact for CRM related matters pertaining to countries assigned.
- Prepare underwriting proposals, carry out detailed analysis of new and existing Financial Institutions and Non Banking customers of Mastercard across the EMEA region, present them effectively to senior management as and when required;
- Responsible for monitoring settlement failures and ensure any failures are actioned in a timely manner;
- Negotiate collateral and / or other risk mitigants with both account managers and customers.
- Provide technical and analytical support for process improvement initiatives, including identification of best practices and ensuring successful implementation;
- Contribute to external / internal CRM reporting (SEC filing, audit committee, ad hoc requests);
- Partnering with other risk managers to ensure 24×7 global customer risk exposure monitoring, participating in decision making process when critical action needs to be taken;
- Enable and train first line of defense on customer risk management procedures and processes;
- Coordinating application process of new customers to ensure timely customer onboarding as well as review of DDM (defered delivery merchant) consent applications.
All About You
- Postgraduate degree in Business, Economics, Econometrics (or equivalent) and 5 years of experience in credit risk assessment and financial statements analysis OR Graduate with at least 10 years of experience in credit risk assessment and financial statements analysis;
- Knowledge of Nigerian banking sector and the payment regulation landscape are a strong plus;
- Risk mindset: ability to think outside the box and identify potential sources of risk;
- Problem solving: ability to develop innovative solutions to manage/ address credit risk;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, including at the very senior management levels;
- Crisis management: ability to work through a crisis, make tough recommendations with imperfect information;
- Positive attitude, strong work-ethic and good sense of humor;
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills; French and/or Arabic is a plus;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user;
- Prior experience in advanced analytics is a plus, including programming languages (R, Phyton, SQL)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Cheapest Online Ph.D. Computer Science Program 2021
- Nigerian Police Force, PSC, Set to Conclude 2020 Recruitment Exercise – See How to Check your Status
- Apply for Senior Product Manager at Renmoney
- How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
- CBN Agricultural Loan 2021 Application – How to Apply
Business10 hours ago
CBN COVID-19 Loan for Household/SMEs (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
Nigeria News9 hours ago
How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
Nigeria News9 hours ago
CBN Agricultural Loan 2021 Application – How to Apply
Nigeria News2 days ago
NYIF Disbursement Begins: How to Check Nigerian Youth Investment Fund Loan Status
Nigeria News3 days ago
NYIF: 10,000 Youths Shortlisted For Disbursement – View List
Grants3 days ago
United States: Apply for a small business grant of up to $25,000 before Dec. 1
Business12 hours ago
NAPE SoftLoan Application 2021 – Get Up to N500,000
Nigeria News4 days ago
Get a Convenient Loan of up to ₦700,00 Today